Ratings for Dr. Luis E. Fayad

On the one hand he is competent, can be very nice and with my initial visit spent a lot of time with me. He does need pushed for the "why" answers - why are you recommending this, why didn't you even mention this choice… He is on the board that makes the "gold standard" treatment recommendations so keeps up. However when you are in there for a checkup and are basically still in remission he is in a rush to get in and then out of there. My most recent visit he blew in and out in less than 5 minutes. I had some questions and he did stop while I asked them and listened, but because they were about the negative side of the cancer he needed pushed to answer them. He is upbeat and downplays the negative - I prefer info neg and pos. He tends more to treat the disease and not the whole person - not that he is mean or anything - he isn't, rather he doesn't do well with the emotional needs of the patient connected with the disease, and would prefer, I think, not to have to deal with that.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Dr. Luis E. Fayad's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Catol De Santiago De Guayaquil, Fac De Med, Guayaquil, Ecuador (Grad. 1985)