Ratings for Dr. Brian Rinehart

Amazing professionalism! My wife has had a periodontal issue for eight years now. We went to two other periodontists, a prosthodontist and two dentists and spent over $30,000 in an effort to find a solution that would give my wife relief from a very distressing issue she was experiencing with her gums. Dr. Rinehart gave my crying wife a big hug on her first visit 6 weeks ago and said "don't worry Joan I will help you" and sure enough he listened to my wife very carefully as she explained her problem. He then spent nearly an hour examining her after X-rays and he totally fixed her issue to our extreme delight with a special device he had produced and cost just several hundred dollars!!! My wife has her life back! He listened and properly examined my wife which the other "so called experts failed to do". One in Rothesay told her to go on medication!!! Thank goodness we ended up seeing Dr. Rinehart.... He stood out as head and shoulders above his peers and his office staff are a mirror image of his professionalism.... my wife LOVES going there!!!! A glowing reference from the Beaudets!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Rinehart for over 5 years. Together we have gone through a long and sometimes painful journey to treat my TMG and arthritis. From grafts, braces to operations he and his staff have helped explain the steps and were there to support myself and my husband throughout this long process. As a result my quality of life has improved and I am back to eating and enjoying life. I highly recommend Dr Rinehart and would like to thank him for all his help, sincerely Heather.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Rinehart is treating my spouse for pain to the upper left jaw area and bone loss is noted by our home Dentist and confirmed. His knowledge is really not in question, but his approach and beside manner is atrocious. He talks about the patient in the third person to the assistant and questions the patients actions or lack of and appointments and procedures missed to the assistant in front of the listening patient. He speaks as if the patient is a three year old and he is talking to the parent.. Extremely condescending, rude and belittling to say the least..! Comes across as a God, or the God of dentistry... if i could give a lower score of this mans manner i would.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I was recommended to Dr. Rinehart for braces when I was in grade 10. After having them on for 3 years, they were finally removed only to leave me with a dramatic overbite, spaces between my teeth, and mismatched midlines. He joked that I now looked like Tom Cruise (not really a good thing). Pretty sure the reason he removed them without completing the treatment was because I went away for school, and he no longer wanted to schedule me in for check ups. On the other hand the staff are all very friendly and personable, and they made my experience more bearable.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

When I went to Dr. Rinehart.I was having terrible issues with my jaw, locking, popping&dislocating. My jaw would jiggle as I closed my mouth, because I had no idea where it was supposed to go all I knew, was what hurt.Needless to say, I was a mess by the time I darkened his doors. He knows without a doubt, what he's doing. I strongly recommend him. He's very straight forward & told me exactly how the process would be at every stage. It was a long ordeal... but extremely worth it. I will be forever thankful to Dr. Rinehart & his staff for the comfort, I have now, opening and closing my mouth. My only regret is,wish I didn't wait as long as I did. Of course the cosmetic appearance, is appreciated as well.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Simply the best. When 2 different orthodontist in 2 different officces each left me with smiles I HATED (eventhough I told them all that i was unhappy with the results) and with bites that were terrible, a friend of mine asked me why I didn,t go with Dr Rinehart in the first place, I went for a consultation and Dr Rinehart was VERY thorough, listened to me and in 22 months he undid all the damage the others had done. I,m not happy that my general dentist let it happen as well so I switched dentists too. I cannot sing Dr Rinehart's praises enough! Smart, thorough, caring , patient and a complete perfectionist are how I describe him and his entire support team.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

In my opinion Dr Rinehart is in it for the money. Not every one needs to go to Halifax to see Dr Cyr and have a surgery. Does he work on commission with Dr Cyr?? Perhaps. I must also say that it is very unpleasant when your mouth is open and Dr Rinehart talks and spit in your mouth, yark. Did not enjoy that moment so much. Wish I would of never gone to see him and gone to the gym instead. I would be 100% better off today.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Rinehart has provided my entire family with outstanding care. We were patients of his when he was a general dentist and several of us have received treatment now that he is a specialist. We had been transferred for a few years and our new dentist in Toronto commented on how good all our dental work had been done. he had returned to specialty school when we returned and we had to find a new general dentist. Very good but not as good as Dr Rinehart. Our children had orthodontic treatment by him and the results are amazing. He showed us the before and after bites and described the process all the way through treatment. I have never known a more compassionate dentist. I see that some posters here have commented that everyone who goes to his office is told they have TMJ. Well, that is what his specialty training was for. Those patients (including myself) were referred to him because they DO have TMJ. The truth is that he knows what he is doing and he does it well. He has always been forthright and discussed all options to us and my family members and I are very pleased that he does. As far as rating him goes, he and his entire staff and office are actually a 6 out of 5! Thank you Dr Rinehart.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

He's in it for the money. Recommends extensive TMJ treatment for everyone who comes to his office. Treatments are longer and more expensive than other orthodontists. Go elsewhere !!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Dr Rinehart is only interested in how much money he can get out of you, and consistently drags out treatment. Most patients who go here get diagnosed with TMJ problems and recommended treatment involves bite plane, braces, and surgery. Staff are friendly enough but Dr Rinehart had no patience, can be rude, and had no respect for other health care professionals. He considers himself to be the only expert in his field and does not like it if you ask questions. Save your money and go elsewhere !!

Submitted April 27, 2016