Ratings for Dr. John Yim

My husband has been seeing Dr.Yim for a few years. His Dr. suggested blood pressure medication but Dr.Yim's program had his blood pressure managed fairly quickly without prescriptions meds and it's great now, He also had food sensitivity testing which I decided to do as well and this has changed our lives completely. We have tons of energy, feel better, sleep better just amazing results. The first month or so was a challenge to find new foods and recipes to incorporate the changes we were trying to make but WOW! We take a few supplements but mostly have found a way to eat that is more healthy and in tune with what our bodies need. Overall I think Dr. YIm is a brilliant professional who is constantly searching for new knowledge and is a life saver!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Yim about 3 years ago due to sinus infections, allergies, as well as catching frequent colds and illnesses. He listened to my concerns and came up with a doable game plan to make change successful. Since that time, he has helped me turn my health completely around. More recently, I had an unfortunate long lasting experience with food poisoning and John was the one that helped me figure it out and get healthy again. I highly recommend him for many types of health concerns that don’t just get treated, but figured out and corrected. ~Thank you, thank you! ~

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr Yim is great! He makes you feel comfortable talking to him. He explains things in terms you can understand and works with you to come up with a plan rather than just throwing some supplements at you. I highly highly recommend him. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

He is a great doctor. He makes you feel comfortable,able to ask questions and to learn and understand the health issues that you face. He spends whatever time is needed to explain to you what your health issue is and how he can help you help yourself, by lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and natural supplements. He has been my naturopath for the past 10 years. I trust his judgement and his analysis of health issues faced by both myself and my husband. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a naturopathic doctor in Nanaimo.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

DR.YIM IS A GREAT NAT.DOCTOR! -HE LISTENS TO ME -NEVER RUSHES MY APOINTMENT- I HAVE BEEN SEENING HIM AS A PATIENT FOR AROUND 17YRS NOW . NICE MAN-AS WELL AS BEING REALY KNOWLEGABLE!ALWAYS TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING,EVEN THOUGH HE IS BUSY!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

I have seen Dr. Yim a few times over the past 10 years and have always been impressed with his knowledge, but more importantly, his ability to communicate that knowledge and translate it into do-able steps. He is constantly upgrading his skills and education, has never rushed me through a visit, and has always explained his recommendations clearly so that I understand not only what to do, but WHY. Very personable and friendly, with an obvious passion for what he does.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

I was on hypertensive meds for 9 years and developed side effects. Then my traditional western doctor put me on another drug with the potential for scarier side effects. I aksed Dr. Yim if he could help me manage my blood pressure without meds. He took on the challenge and I've been doing very well now for 9 months. Preventative medicine means one has to take more responsibility for one's health -- eat better, exercise, meditate. I like it. It works for me and I'll ask Dr. Yim for help with other health issues should they arise.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Explains things well and is comfortable to talk to.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Well-educated & well-rounded, knowledgeable. His education didn't stop when he got his degree. Always willing to take time & explain. Friendly, kind & decent. Was my massage therapist before he became a naturopath--now does accupuncture, nutritional counselling, pretty much whatever preventive medicine should be about. Good guy!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Dr Yim is an awesome Naturopath. Always has time to listen and gives excellent advice. Also, he and his wife give many free lectures at Island Naturals. He's well worth the visit.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007