Ratings for Dr. Pat Kenny

Oh how shall I start this review, well Dr. Kenny has been been seeing me since 2009 when I was diagnosed with melanoma, intelligent way ahead in his field, he makes it his business to know and keep up with all of the most up to date education on melanoma. Most compassionate, educated, and sincere dermatologist I feel so grateful to have him as one of my doctors, I refer clients to see him, he goes out of his way if doesn't know something to find out for you, well to sum it up he is the guru of melanoma, thank you for everything, I feel blessed. Caroline

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr Kenny is number 1 in my books!!He gives his full attention to your problem and is very informative

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I recently moved to Victoria and needed to see a Dermatologist following up on melanoma that I had. He was amazing, thorough, asked why i was not wearing a wide brimmed hat and long sleeved shirt. He is very knowledgeable and very up to date with tests and results. I feel in very good hands with him. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I just saw Dr Kenny this afternoon. He was punctual, informative and listened well and although I went to see about a dark formation in my mouth, he checked my entire body for other possible questionables. I asked him about liver spots and other pigmentations on my face and he told me it was all cosmetic and does not advocate cosmetic surgery. He advised to just use sunscreen and cover up. I like his candor and his sensitivity.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

If I could rate Dr. Kenny higher, I would. I was referred to him for followup after a melanoma diagnosis. He gave me a thorough and thoughtful exam, and was troubled by something else he found. He referred me to another specialist who diagnosed early stage lymphoma. Needless to say, I am grateful for his proactive approach. Dr. Kenny has called me twice at home to inquire as to my progress. I can't remember the last time another doctor took the time to do that.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I recently had an excision done on my left leg, diagnosed as "superficial spreading melanoma". Saw Dr. Kenny yesterday who devoted 45 min to a complete physical exam. He referred me to a general surgeon, Dr. Biberdorf, for a re-excision to prevent any further spread. He also reassured me that there were no other suspicious signs of irregular growths anywhere else on my body. According to a CBC report (2010): Dermatologists in British Columbia are the lowest paid in the country. When a B.C. dermatologist sees a patient for a consultation on their first visit, they receive $59.66, as compared to $107.99 in PEI and $102.95 in New Brunswick, the association says. For subsequent visits the doctor receives $22.55, as compared with PEI specialists who get $51.64 and specialists in New Brunswick who are paid $43.50. I am grateful that Dr.Kenny gave generously of his time, especially considering the financial realities of his profession.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Kenny is a great doctor. He takes his time with each patient, even though that puts him behind sometimes. But if you are that patient he is taking his time with you certainly appreciate it. He keeps VERY up to date on any and all studies to do with skin cancers. Its also quite admirable that he is NOT a cosmetic doctor since Derms are among the lowest paid practitioners in BC. All in all, he's a very knowledgeable doctor who has his head in the right place in the regards to patient well-being.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

He's a nice man. I liked him and he was thorough. I went for alopecia but he did a full scan looking for other anomalies

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr Kenny is the best, most thorough and skilled dermatologist that I and my family have ever seen. He is the only dermatologist in Victoria who sees only medical problems and does NO cosmetic private-pay work. Our community is so lucky to have this cancer expert here to look after us. Thank yu Dr K!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

I found him to be rude and clueless. He did not listen to me at all. He actually told me to eat foods that I am allergic to. I left angry and frusterated. He is old and doesn't obviously read up or study about new skin diseases or treatments. He discounted everything I had to say - which is awful. Doesn't a patient know their body best?! He is terrible! Don't waste your time.

Submitted September 16, 2011