Ratings for Dr. David Chow

I have seen many others that are better. I would ask for second opinions from another dentist because he is most likely to overcharge and require more work than necessary. Be careful.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I recently moved back to Toronto and booked a visit with Dr. Chow, as my family went to him when I was a child. He was just as gentle, caring, and knowledgeable as I remembered, and his staff is wonderful. I've been to several dentists, and I can honestly say Dr. Chow is the best. After about 9 years of having avoided dental visits, I was picturing a horrible visit and to be made to feel guilty about the state of my teeth. The dentist I had been going to in Quebec had conditioned me to expect the guilt I guess, and I didn't even remember the last time I had flossed (oops). However, when I had a conversation with Dr. Chow, he explained everything that was going on with my dental health, at a level of language I could understand, and was able to answer all of my detailed questions (I tend to ask too many questions). It is clear that he is an expert in his field, and has an excellent, friendly bedside manner. We talked about a plan of care to get me back to tip-top shape, and the atmosphere was always happy, optimistic, relaxed, and professional. You can tell that he is focused on getting you to your best, and has suggested only the treatments that are necessary for that goal. His depth of experience also reveals itself during dental work, as I have felt zero pain during my visits (and I am sensitive). That first appointment was life-changing, and I don't use that term lightly. I was really pretty scared to hear about how poorly I was doing, (which also contributed to my avoiding the dentist for so long) but Nancy did a wonderful job and explained about proper techniques without a hint of judgement or attitude. I was so happy to hear Dr. Chow's assessment and reassurance. Both hygienists (Nancy and Renee) are fantastic, so kind and gentle. Phyllis at the front desk is the nicest person, always has some interesting conversation, and is always on top of everything. I've had several appointments since that first one, and am happy to say that I actually look forward to dental appointments now because they are all so wonderful there. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Cannot say he is the best dentist and practices. I'll only give a low rates and let others to find out the rest. He does charge a LOT and quite greedy.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Upon arriving at Dr. Chow's office, the person at the front desk was weird, extremely cold and kept staring at me. Being treated by Dr. Chow, he is a butcher! I do not recommend him whatsoever. I had many fillings turn into root canals. I had to suffer with pain in all of my fillings for weeks after waiting to see the specialist for his botched dental work! Go elsewhere is all I can say.

Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Chow is the best dentist I have experienced. I was amazed by his skill (fantastic work on crowns & fillings and barely felt the needles). The dental office is the best equipped office I have been to. His support staff is great. Dr Chow's fees are very reasonable; lower than my previous dentist fees.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

The first question they asked when we walked in is "Do you have insurance?". Mr. answered yes and it was like a super bright green light for them to start taking exrays... many of them. even though we requested no unnecessary things. It took them 450 dollars per person give or take to say that were good and we don't have cavities. Let's schedule your 6 months visit.... Yea right! I'll be looking for another office where people care a bit more.

Submitted October 7, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Chow for 15+ years. My daughter was in braces for 5 years her cousin 4! At his previous office 1- All my teeth were fine 2- I was always seen ontime as the office was bigger. Now all of a sudden Phyllis became very pushy and rude, I have to wait 40 mins for a simple cleaning. And finally Dr. Chow became super greedy as FOUR of my teeth needed crowns and all my fillings needed to be replaced. I went to another office to get a second opinion and the dentist told me everything was OK. I also went to the old office for a free consult and I was told the same. I guess Dr. Chow needs help paying for his new office. I am not going back

Submitted January 20, 2016

He is a great dentist who puts ultra care in his work and his patients. His new office is also very comforting.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Chow is a very caring compassionate dentist who epitomizes "Gentle Dental Care"

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Great dentist! Compassionate and explains everything he does. Great with cosmetic dentistry as well....

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014