Ratings for Dr. Howard Leftin

Do not let this person anywhere NEAR your kids. The previous review mentioning the lawsuit is absolutely true. He treated me like a piece of meat. He doesn't listen, if you disagree or question the diagnosis or meds youre basically told you don't know how you feel because you're nuts. It's taken years to undo the damage he did. Unethical, uncompassionate, negligent care!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

He has been my head doctor for 4 years and I am very happy to say if it wasn't for his knowlage and care....I wouldn't be alive.. he is by far the best!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

I was really pleased with all the treatment I have received from Dr. Leftin over the many years of treatment I have received. He is a very good listener and if you ask questions and learn from him, he offers comprehensive tools to those in need like myself.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Leftin was associated with a large class-action lawsuit against Psychiatric Institutes of America back in the 1990s. He was one of the doctors receiving kickbacks for committing patients and holding them there under false diagnoses until the insurance money ran out. He did that to TEENAGERS, and I was one of them. About half of my hospital unit was from my high school, and the hospital was 40 miles from our neighborhood, even though there were other PIofA hospitals closer to our homes. Feel free to Google "Psychiatric Institutes of America" and "texas" and see what comes up. I'm not saying he doesn't know psychiatry, but he wasn't using that knowledge for good when he was MY doctor. I hope he realized how many lives he ruined and changed his ways. Good luck, if you're using him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Howard Leftin's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med