Ratings for Dr. Unni Mooppan

After my appointment with Dr. Mooppan he sent me to the lab to take a test as he suspected a problem with my prosate. Three weeks have passed and I have not gotten the results back from my test. I have called on numerous occasions and still have not gotten my results back. I also verified that the lab sent the results to the Dr. two days after my lab test. I will not go back to him. He has too many patients and waiting time was an hour and 40 minutes. His staff can not answer any questions and never calls you back. A very unprofessional office and Doctor. My appointment was at his office on Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn but he also has an office at Brookdale Hospital.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I am surprised after being a patient of Dr. Mooppan for 15 years without any problems with him or the staff, he reacted the way he did when I explained to him that the medication he has been giving me was not working and I was using a home made remedy which was actually reducing my PSA. I had taken the drugs (Flomax) the doctor had prescribed for me for 2 years and the results of my PSA did not change. I did some research and I found out that a common household product (onion) would help with my medical problem. I starting juicing the onions and low and behold the results of my PSA changed drastically for the better. During this time Dr. Mooppan thought I was taking the drugs (Flomax) that he prescribed and was very happy with the results. When I decided to explain to him that over the years I have been using the onion juice in place of the Flomax he got very agitated and screamed at me and ordered me out of his office, shouting "don't come back here, just drink onion juice, don't come back here." I am totally blown away by his unprofessional behavior and attitude, I thought he would be happy about the results, but he cared more about the pharmaceutical results that my good health. Is this normal behavior for the doctors at Brookdale Hospital?

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

My family and I have nothing but sincere appreciation for Dr. Mooppan and his amazing staff/medical skills. He was recommended by Dr. Tefera, whom is my mother’s medical physician for the past 25 years plus. Dr. Mooppan just recently performed surgery on my mother removing a mass on her right kidney, which turned out to be a benign tumor. Thank God! We met with Dr. Mooppan prior to surgery; he explained the procedure, my mother’s condition and answered all our questions. He was patient, caring, kind and extremely personable. During my mother’s stay in the hospital, Dr. Mooppan and his assistant Dr. Wolfe would visit my mother on a daily basis and kept my family informed of her condition. I highly recommend Dr. Mooppan. We are most pleased with his work, his professionalism and his knowledge. Today, my mother is recovering with slight soreness, which is normal after surgery, but overall doing well. Thank you Dr. Mooppan. We wish you continuous success! All our best, Jessie Coleman & Family

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

He saw me without an appointment and diagnosed my problem after many have failed. He didn't only look at the disease he saw me as a person. He was very kind and reassurring. I will allow him to do my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

Dr. Unni Mooppan's Credentials

• Jawaharlal Inst Of Post-Grad Med Educ, Madras Univ, Pondicherry (Grad. 1969)