Ratings for Dr. Vivian L. Lugo-Eschenwald

Dr Lugo has been my doctor for years. She is in high demand, so for immediate needs, you may see a PA. Dr. Lugo takes the time to review your chart and answer your questions. She is extremely compassionate. I have recommended this practice to others, who have been equally satisfied. I respect her right to practice medicine according to her religious convictions. Dr Mercia can help out if you need birth control. If you want to see Dr Lugo, make an appointment for a physical. In one case I had had a severe cough. I called for an appointment. I wanted to see a doctor and Dr Mercia was available the next day or I could see the PA the same day. In that case, I waited for Dr Mercia. Other times I have seen the PA and obtained the help I needed. This is a wonderful practice.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

WHY I WOULD RATHER GO TO THE DMV... I didn't get to see the doctor, instead a physician's assistant, who I really felt wasn't listening to me. When I made a follow up phone call with the same physician's assistant, the first thing she said was that she is really busy and I needed to make it quick. Obviously, I didn't feel like a valued patient at all. I've concluded that going there was a waste of my time, and have since looked for a new clinic. Also, I really didn't appreciate the secretary lecturing me over the phone about taking care of myself when I was so busy at my work place and had to make a difficult choice to work while sick. I already have a mother, I needed a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Lugo-Eschenwald has been my primary care physician for many years now and am very happy with her. She is one of the doctors who actually listens to you and I've always been happy with her diagnosis/recommendations. Dr. Lugo-Estenwald does tend to run late, but I credit that to the amount of time she is willing to spend with her patients.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

I've been going to Dr Lugo's practice for about 4 years now, and had been somewhat satisfied. Not thrilled, but satisfied with my treatment. However, after this week's visit, I'm moving on to another doctor. I've never been seen by Dr. Lugo in all the time I've been going, usually just one of the PAs and I'm getting pretty sick of that as they just aren't that knowledgable. I was in there Monday because I broke out in hives for the first time in my life. The PA I saw said it was bug bites, she couldn't do anything for me, and referred me to a derm if it didn't clear up within 3 days. 12 hours later, I ended up in the ER as my throat was about to close up. The ER doc said it was obvious that it was due to something I ingested, and not a bug bite, and any trained medical staff should have been able to tell this. In addition the ER staff was horrified that the PA didn't prescribe me steroid treatment to control the swelling. So I am moving on. Don't recommend them at all.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

I've been going to this office for about 8 months and have NEVER seen the doctor!! Don't waste your time and money going at this office. You will only see a physician's assistant. This place is a SCAM and a WASTE OF TIME!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

In the years that I was a patient, I only saw Dr. Lugo one time and that was to insist she sign a referral (prepared by an emergency room) that had been awaiting her signature for more than a week to see an ortho due to a skiing accident. Her nurse was very good and was the reason I stayed with this practice for so long.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

I have been to Dr. Lugo-Eschenwald's office quite a few times over the years, but have never seen the doctor. I also am not a fan of how her office tries to push traditionally Catholic views (e.g. natural contraception). The RNs in the office are efficient and seem to be quite good.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Vivian L. Lugo-Eschenwald's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp