Ratings for Dr. Frank L. Genovese

I would definitely recommend Dr G. I was able to get an appointment quite quickly also. I went to him for evaluation for back pain. He was very very thorough and professional and friendly and took his time explaining everything. He reviewed my x-rays and records and answered all my questions. I appreciated that he was very honest in telling me he would not want to operate. He explained that surgery probably would not help much, and the recovery difficult for a questionable result. Although he could not help me, except to recommend a physicist, I felt I was treated well and accurately evaluated.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Incompetent staff. Arrogant doctor. In hindsight, Genovese wanted to sell me on surgery from the beginning. He mentioned options but then dismissed them without any discussion. His staff of 1 lost my referral, lost my mylogram results, booked over the top of my appt., then made me wait 4 hours, etc. I had a double laminectomy with plate screwed in across 3 vertebrae. The fusion never took, but I was discharged after 5 weeks. An orthopedic I saw due to complications two months later was shocked to find out I only had one set of x-rays two weeks after the surgery, so he took his own and advised me to see another neurosurgeon immediately. 3 other neurosurgeons I've seen since the surgery have questioned the materials used and technique. 4 of 6 screws have fractured. I'm having another surgery to undue Genovese's work. Unfortunately, the screw fragments can not be removed and will limit my options. From talking to patients in Genovese's waiting room, my experience is typical.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

An Awesome Doctor. Many Thanks to him for making myself and my husband better.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

He does not return phone calls even after surgery!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Frank L. Genovese's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1985)

First Health