Ratings for Dr. Lar K. Autio

Excellent, knowledgeable, kind, caring physician, with an excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Very nice and caring doctor. He offers a variety of treatment options. Dr. Autio is polite and helpful--highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Autio is a kind and compassionate man, which is rare to find in a physician these days.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

Dr Autio thought that I had many markers of appendicitis, but not all of them, and he didn't want to do a CT scan because of the radiation level. So he ordered blood work, which came back saying I had an infection. He told me that that supported appendicitis but didn't rule out a different infection, so he told me to wait and see. The next day I called and told his nurse I thought I should go to the ER, and she told me that the Dr wanted me to come to the office first. So I went there, she put me in an exam room, and I lay on the table and cried for over an hour. My mom was waiting for me & when she asked them where I was they told her that I hadn't been there, so she called my cell phone & I slowly managed to get up and get the door open. Dr Autio was apologetic and claimed that his nurse hadn't told him I was there. Then they took me to the ER, 2hours after I wanted to go. A CT scan revealed diverticulitis, & Dr Autio is STILL ignoring my phone calls for follow up help, 5 days now!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

asked a relative in the medical field to suggest a doctor in Missoula for me, after being med-vac out of the middle east. my relative asked several other doctors and most suggested Lar Autio. so i made an appointment with him in 2005 and have not been disappointed as of november 2009. he is considerate, responsive to questions asked, and is on time. His knowledge on subject of family practice is impressive, also if he does not know an answer to a question he is not afraid to say so and look it up right then and there. His staff is very helpful, friendly, and courteous, better then most doctors staff I have been to in the past.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Lar is a fanastically smart and compassionate physician. I have been seeing physicians for 50 years and he is a rarity in terms of his attentiveness and knowledge

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Autio used to be compasionate and helpful. However; in the past few years he's become hurried and unresponsive. For example; he missed my third pregnancy for 22 weeks. I'd told him that I had tested positive on a home test, he ran his own urine test (which came back negative) and he didn't bother with a blood test for confirmation. He spent months looking for exotic reasons for normal pregnancy symptoms, and when I came in because I felt fetal movement he told me I was wrong... I had to insist that he do a pelvic exam. A few months after my baby was born Dr. Autio prescribed me a medication that I later learned commonly causes weight gain, and at the same time I developed hypo-thyroid. When I went to see Dr. Autio to discuss the alarming weight gain, he told me that I must "really like pizza". I felt that his comment was hurtful and accusatory, and he didn't bother to apologize when the blood tests came back.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Lar K. Autio's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

• Aetna Hmo