Ratings for Dr. Kevin Rioux

I recently took my elderly Mother to see Dr. Rioux in July and again in late September. We found him to be a very caring, thorough individual. He took the time to explain his findings and recommendations clearly to my Mom. Although not all good news , his positive attitude went a long way in putting my Mother at ease. Thanks Dr. Rioux

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Rioux and his staff; Amber, Vanessa(?), Sarah(?) etc. were so kind, patient and compassionate. I went in for my first colonoscopy, or treatment of any kind in hospital, and they made me feel so at ease. How do they do it, treating each patient with so much care?! Thank you very much for squeezing me into your busy schedule!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Is Dr. Kevin Rioux a specialized gastroenterologist or a MD with an interest in Gastro? I found him to be very arrogant and only interested in research.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I just finished seeing Dr. Kevin Rioux in Victoria, BC. Dr. Rioux just moved to the island from Alberta in 2016. He is a supportive and kindhearted doctor. After the first visit, I feel very assured that I have a kind, patient, competent and knowledgeable GI dr. Thanks to dr. Holland for referring Dr, Rioux. I can see Dr. Rioux is passionate about what he is doing. The way he communicated with me is clear and to the point. His assistant Anita is amazing, too. She's warm, patient, and professional. I'm feeling very lucky. Two thumbs up!! :)

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

He is such a kind, understanding and patient man. You really feel like he is focused on your health and wellness.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Rioux is an extremely warm and nice man. He was always so patient and easy to talk to. He held me get a great referral and also referred me To do an ultrasound that helped me get diagnosed. He's a great doctor. His assistant Bridgett is very kind too.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

I've seen Dr Rioux for the past 6 years and have found him to be so very knowledgeable and understanding with my disease (Crohn's) and with my decisions surrounding my treatment. He has always given me ample time to make decisions and gives me numerous options and information surrounding my care. He is extremely caring and I love that he teaches everything he knows to the up and coming GI Dr's that rotate through his office. I would HIGHLY recommend seeing him. I've had this disease for 27 years and have come across many GI's, but never have I "enjoyed" being a patient as much as I have with Dr Rioux! That's got to say something!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Great guy, doesn't suffer fools who aren't on board with his plan.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Very condescending.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Rioux has always been so helpful to me, I've been seeing him since January 2013. His office fit me in extremely quickly after a scary visit to the ER. Dr. Rioux himself was extremely thorough in his consultation, ensuring that I knew a) what I was in for, b) his theories for diagnosis, and c) what the next step would be. He speaks in a very kind, sympathetic manner which is helpful when you're feeling anxious about your health. In general, he just seems like a very caring doctor who is passionate about his patients' wellness. The ONLY concern I would have is that once he was running about an hour behind, but as I understand it he had to fit in an emergency procedure that day, so that's not a big deal.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014