Ratings for Dr. Charles A. Murkofsky

Dr. Murkofsky is a find. He is that rare doctor who is knowledgeable and caring and who treats the patient with dignity and respect. In the past, doctors have been dismissive or incredulous regarding my low tolerance and strong reactions to certain drugs. Not Dr. Murkofsky. He has a collaborative approach and understands that reactions are not quantifiable, nor are they the same for each individual. He listened closely to the types of medication I’ve taken in the past and their side-effects. I was allowed to be part of the process. As a result, he won my trust and I feel safe in the knowledge that he will continue to treat me as an individual, not a cluster of symptoms. As a bonus, when, during the course of our conversation, Dr. Murkofsky realized I didn’t have a primary care physician, he gave me several recommendations and personally phoned their offices(!), to be sure their numbers/addresses were up-to-date. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

I was totally disapointed in his professionalism. We were told that he took my insurance and now I find out that he does not. I am being sent bills totalling over $700 . When I called him on the phone I got his answering machine. He has never called me back. He has left me with nowhere to get the medication that I need. I am 79 years old went to him for help and am worse off than before.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

Dr. Murkofsky is both kind and knowledgable. I was going through an amazingly difficult time in my life. I had seen three other psychiatrists but none had the insight into my particular issue like he did. I feel without him I would still be stuck and miserable. Extremely smart and compassionate, I will continue seeing him as long I can. -Dawn

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

Dr. Charles A. Murkofsky's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1967)

Multiplan