Ratings for Dr. John R. Thanus

Dr. Thanus and his staff are very attentive and caring. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Thanus takes the time to speak with me in his office after the check-up is over and listens and answers all questions carefully. I never thought I'd feel comfortable with a male ob/gyn but I couldn't be happy with his approach before, during, and after my 2 pregnancies. I would highly recommend Dr. Thanus to anybody.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Thanus is the most wonderful doctor I have had the pleasure of knowing. He took care of me through two pregnancies, and preformed two successful c-sections for both of my babies. (2011 & 2013- less than two weeks ago!) Both times my recovery has been amazing. He takes the time to listen to you, never rushes you, is kind & knowledgeable and truly cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Dr. Thanus was recommended by a friend after my doctor and his staff were ignoring my issues. Dr. Thanus's office made an immediate positive impression. I went to him after my current doc was ignoring my issues (heavy bleeding). Dr. Thanus was caring, concerned and truly worked to solve my issues. His partner, Dr. Storch is the same way. He would follow-up and called when he said he would. When it was time for me to have surgery, he did not try to convice me to have it with him but recommended someone who best met my needs.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr Thanus is a fantactic doctor. He makes you so comfortable and really listens to you. he is extremely personable and takes the time to answer any questions you may have without ever getting impatient with you. He delivered both my children in 2007 and 2009 and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr. Thanus took me on late in my pregnancy due to unforeseen circumstances. He followed my lead and allowed me to make all the decisions. He was respectful and invariably cheerful and optimistic. Despite lots of problems, I had my dream delivery and I totally credit it to his trust in my body and his gentle approach to childbirth. He didn't push a "medical model" delivery on me, but views childbirth as a physiological process that our bodies know how to do with very little intervention. He let me as the mother be in charge and I will be forever grateful to him for what he helped me achieve!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Excellent OB/Gyn. I am grateful that he delivered my daughter in 2006. He was very patient and kind during my delivery. Better than any other OB/Gyn I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

Dr. John R. Thanus's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union