Ratings for Dr. Kent Shinbach

I love Dr Shinbach! He is mild mannered and responsive in times when I get stuck. He has been through a lot which I didn't know until after a year of seeing him. I trust him even more now than before. He knows what he was born to do. Take care of those who need him. Forget about anything else...staff, reminders of appointments etc. If you know you need help you should be responsible for keeping and remembering your own appointments. Don't blame the staff for not reminding you. I call when I'm not sure.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I like him a lot. He's genuinely concerned about his patients, which of course he should be. However, his office staff is awful. He has this woman working for him who seems to be a total incompetent. A few times I called to have the doctor refill a prescription. He never got the message, and I had to get the prescription from another doctor. Also,his office does not make confirmation phone calls for appointments. It's very easy to forget an appointment when its made months in advance and theres no reminder from the office (as happened to me recently)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Dr Shinbach is a great psychiatrist. His office practices are however a bit backwards. He will not call in a prescription refill, even if it is not a controlled substance. It's a very inconveniencing practice. His office also doesn't make appointment reminder phone calls, even if the next appointment is 6 months out. And you will get billed for not showing up to an appointment you've forgotten all about due to general life.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I imagine he tried his best but it was not good enough for me.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. Shinbach is very kind and was very accurate and helpful for me personally. I have considered switching to a new doctor only because his office woman is down right mean and not at all helpful.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Shinbach is a little strange. On the older side, very docile and even-tempered. Wants what is best for the patient. Does not hold a "less is more" view for medications. Not a bad guy.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Kent Shinbach's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1963)