Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Green

Dr. Green was my doctor from birth until I was 22 years old. He misdiagnosed me with the mumps, then as I was treated/tested for random ailments until I was found to have hypo-thyroid at the age of 7. I gained a significant amount of weight through this testing and ended up being obese. Whenever I had a problem, he would right away bring up my weight. I then had mental health issues in my late teens - he put me on Effexor XR. With every visit thereafter pushing higher doses - ending up on 500mg+/day. He then decided to send me to Whitby Mental Health for 3 months and took me off this dosage in a WEEK. I was so ill! At the age of 21 I got terribly ill. He said it was my weight and in my head. I went to another doctor and needed immediate surgery to remove my rupturing gall bladder. Dr. Green was always late, pushed pills he knew nothing about, never attempted to suggest alternative care, his nurse Lucy was a nasty butcher & his wife was snooty. Thank god he retired finally.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Wants you to go there several times for sthng that can be done in a single visit.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Doctor: outdated knowledge, patronizing manner, strong focus on OHIP billing. Never deals with two problems (no matter how minute) during one visit. Dismissive and nconsiderate regarding patients' true concerns and time. Staff: emotionally detached and largely focused on the financial side of business.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

my wife went to see this doctor on Feb 17 for 2 things: a) Obtain confirmation from his clinic if my wife is indeed pregnant as my wife used a pregnancy test at home which showed positive in Jan, b) be referred to an specialist (OBGYN). The doctor, however, did an internal exam using only his hand and gloves - the procedure my wife did NOT ask for. Later after the procedure did the doctor then ask my wife to go to a lab nearby for her urine and blood samples. My wife was not showing any symptoms of miscarriage so why was the internal exam necessary? My wife felt the internal exam was a bit rough and she got home feeling victimized by this doctor for negligence for not taking extra care. In the evening, my wife started to see some brownish discharge and spotting. Then the next day my wife experienced bleeding and clotting and later cramping resulting in miscarrying her 6weeks-2days old pregnancy. I wonder how many more patients will be victims by his malpractice.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Green has been my Father's Doctor for over 20 years. It has been my experience that Dr. Green provides an excellent service, sends the patients for all appropriate tests, monitors ongoing problems, prescribes medicine and monitors progress. As my Father is elderly, I find that Dr. Green gives good advice to the patient and the family. Yes, wait times can be long, but with today's health care system, wait times are long almost everywhere you go.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

My parents starting seeing Dr. G a few years ago. My mother has a weight problem, always has. She has high BP and checks in with him on a regular basis. He always checks her weight and then belittles her. Once he kicked the garbage pail over because she had gain a couple of pounds! Another time she was up a lb or two and he said "well, I see we're gaining nicely". Classic. He will only deal with one issue per visit. period. That's about OHIP billing for sure. She needed a reference for a dermatologist but he wouldn't discuss it with her because the visit was about her weight. Another family member saw him. He is very heavy and has high BP. Dr. G. wouldn't give him medication. He said come back in 2 months and lose 6 pounds! Well, this family member, due to other health problems has gained a bit more weight and is mortified to go back. It's been a year and I'm sure his BP is getting very scarey. Sad thing is my parents are terminally polite and won't change doctors.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Extremely knowledgable. Makes you feel important and not just another body.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

The man is dismissive, and his medical knowledge is dated. He put me on a Birth Control Pill that was banned in England (his native country!) for causing bloodclots and other problems in young women. I got bloodclots. The pill USED to be used for skin problems, and I do not have (nor have ever had) problem skin. He sprang internals on me at the last moment, and had his wife/secretary as 'witness'... did they discuss it over dinner later that night? The whole practice is old, dated and it will be a relief to many when he finally retires. The waiting room is always packed and appointments do not last longer than 8-9 minutes. It is shoddy business and shoddy medical. He requires follow ups that could be covered in one visit - this is a scammer of our health system.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Very helpful, if not certain, will send you for tests or refer you to a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

i had been going to dr g for several years, i always called before going to see if he was running late, even when they told me to come in later, i would still wait for at least 1 hr to see him, i questioned him on it, he basically didn't care. also, he went out of his way to insult me on regular basis. i have a weight control problem, he was aware of it, but he would insult me about it on a regular basis rather than try and help me, other than try to presribe diet pills. he seems to think because he's a doctor he an do whatever he wants and his patients will have to tolerate it. when i started going to him about 9 years ago, he was excellent, i asked him if he cared about the scheduling problems, he said ''Not at all''. the man is obviously burnt out, and should retire, in my opinion, he has no business practising anymore

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007