Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Simon Kates

Fantastic, helpful, listens, offers opinions, thinks outside of the box.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

I've been going to Dr. Kates for years now and I think he is a very good psychiatrist. He is caring and truly concerned about his patients. I think he is very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

This was an extremely helpful consultation. The doctor was considerate, listened to what I had to say and provided useful advice in language I could easily understand

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

I SAW THIS DOCTOR ONCE AND HE SEEMED LIKE HE NEEDED THE THERAPY LOL!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

I was diagnosed with depression & referred to Dr. Kates. He revised the diagnosis as severe clinical depression, for which I have gone through both drug & talking therapy over a period of time. I have found him to be very knowledgable & thorough in revising drug therapies until we reached a workable acceptable cocktail. He readily took into account any drug therapies I had concerns about and treated me with respect & courtesy. While I had one on one sessions with him, he also interacted with my family. He also referred me to some group sessions which were appropriate and to a social worker therapist when it was appropriate. I did not find him curt or rude but to the point. I was there for help. I neither wanted to waste his nor my valuable time.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

This psychiatrist has to be the rudest of doctors I have ever heard of. My son who suffers from a mental disorder tries to explain how he feels and at the same time he is talking, this doctor is busy looking at something else. Disgusting. Has he helped? nope. In fact my daughter who also suffers from a mental disorder had to leave the Hamilton area in order to find a competent psychiatrist to help her. She is doing well now. Unfortunately, my son has to put up with this person who treats patients like they are on a conveyor belt or run of the mill. As we reside in the Hamilton area, it is not easy to venture further. There doesn't seem to be many psychiatrists in Hamilton, with great skills to call. At least not yet. Maybe when these current ones retire and new young, innovative people replace them, my son can get help. Sooner rather than later, I pray.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007