Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

I went to Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky to have a growth removed from the back of my tongue. I read the reviews below and was a little apprehensive about how things may turn out. Life has taught me that everyone's perception is a little bit different based on past experiences and expectations.....I found the front end staff to be polite and "on the ball". There was a short wait, but nothing that one would get upset about. I arrived at 1045 and was recovering from a general anesthectic and out the door by 130. I told Dr. Dobrovolsky that I was little scared because of my circumstances. The appointment was for a consultation and surgery, and after a quick look, he stated that he did not believe the growth to be an issue. He did not belittle my fear, but instead took 5 minutes to build a bit of a rapport with my wife and I. He went from the guy that was going to wack a chunk of my tongue out - to a fella that showed empathy and a very deep passion for his job. He fully explained what I would physically experience during the anesthetization as well as post op. This made both my wife and I more relaxed with what was about to happen. The next day there was a follow-up call from an assistant to ensure that we were able to fill my prescriptions and that I was doing alright. I respect Dr. Dobrovolsky and appreciate the job that he and all of his co-workers did in making my experience as anxiety free as possible. I would recommend Dr. Dobrovolsky and the clinic to anyone that requires oral surgery.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I recently went to see Dr. Dobrovolsky for a Consultation. Yes I did have to wait a bit, but it really was not as long as others have posted. The Staff were very friendly and even though they were very busy, they still took time to answer a few questions and not make me feel like a pest. Once they call your name, things move very quickly, from the time they take xrays, then move you to large exam room for some info on you and then Dr Dobrovolsky enters. Dr. Dobrovolsky spent what seemed like 45 minutes with me, looking over past MRI's, Xray's, etc. He now knows more about my medical history than any other Dr's, Family or otherwise. He even asked if I knew that I had broken my nose. I told him that a couple years ago I had a small crack on the bridge but nothing was ever done as it was so small. He then showed me a xray of a large bone in my nose that had been broken. I said, about 30 years ago while playing baseball, I got hit in the nose pretty good and had gotten a huge black eye, but I was more concerned about the eye than a bloody nose as I had a Wedding to attend in 3 days. Funny after all these years of xrays and MRI's he was the first to ever mention this. I have since told several people that I have never seen any Dr. spend this much time with a patient, let alone on a consultation or not. I would highly recommend Dr. Dobrovlsky to anyone who wants a Dr. that knows that much of your health history so there are no suprises if you are to have surgery of any kind. Just knowing how informed he is should make anyone feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I had Jaw surgery in 2009 by Dr Dobs (as I call him). I waited almost 2 years to get in to see him and then another year before the operation took place. My husband and I asked too many questions as he put it undermining his ability as a surgeon. He did the surgery and till this day we do not know what happened. I had to be put out and have my mouth stretch , I had Botox a couple times done by him. and nothing worked . My mouth is worse off. I can barely open my mouth 10 m. A normal person can open usually between 30-40 m . My mouth is crooked and I spent so much money on braces and having my mouth with beautiful teeth. Now I cannot even smile, I eat like a baby , and he dropped me like a hot cake when my husband questioned what he was going to do to fix this problem. He stated he did not like my husbands tone with him and sent us a letter stating I was no longer his patient. Never ever go to this man his manner and compassion for people is very unprofessional. I had to research another surgeon in Toronto to see what was going on. And Dr Dobrovolsky did not make my jaw better but worse. seeing pictures of what my jaw looks like I discovered that my jaw is stuck and I know need a Jaw replacement. Please if you have a jaw problem never ever go to this Dr. I say shame on him for calling himself a professional. And the staff was no better.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

The staff here is absolutely horrific. Definitely the rudest recepionists I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favour and never visit this place unless you enjoy being belittled and feeling uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Kingsway oral surgury is a lesson in frustration. For both appointments they were over 2 hours late. Dr dobrovolsky was the only doctor to be this far behind. I ended up being the only one left in the waiting room. The staff was flippant and extremely unhelpful. Try another surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Just had double jaw surgery and geneoplasty chin reduction. As a nearing 50 year old male I am usually very critical of any mistakes, problem is, Dr. Dobrovolski did such a bang up job with me that I have no complaints. It's only been 1 week since my surgery and already I'm doing much better than most of the Internet stories I've heard and read about. He was very knowledgeable and his personality was top notch. Not sure why anyone would rate him anything but 5 star! But you know the adage, if you're going down the highway and everyone is going the opposite direction, then they must all be going the wrong way! If you had a bad experience with this man, look in the mirror for the problem! I did have to wait a long time to see him, but in the end, WORTH THE WAIT!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I waited for a year on a waiting list to be treated for my TMJD which was due from a dislocation. Was told by my family doctor to keep calling to see if I could be pushed closer than a year. Family doctor prescribed some pain killers for me (which didn't help so I stopped taking them) Dr. D's Assistant was unhelpful in trying to get me in earlier, instead he insisted that I was a drug addict (from my pain killers?) that I stopped taking anyway cause they didn't help. A year later when I did see Dr. D he seemed to be on his assistants "Side" and chalked me up to being a drug addict, which I am not, I had a 2mm mouth opening, I ended up with chronic myofascial pain syndrome. This doctor has never helped me and his assistants are unprofessional, rude and presumptuous. I got more help at Sana Cosmetic Dental & University of Alberta TMJ Chronic Pain Clinic. I wouldn't send my dog there.

Submitted December 4, 2013

Wow! The lack of compassion was unbelievable. I have extreme dental phobia and he basically belittled me and asked me how I can live life being so afraid. Very uncaring and rude. Tried to tell him that a normal dose of local anesthetic doesn't work and he ignored me and sure enough I wasn't frozen! If you are nervous or scared, he is one to stay away from!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

just had jaw surgery so far so good - its only been 17 days still very sore - Dr Dobrovolsky was on time , even early , spent only 2 and a half days at the royal alex , never seen Dr Dobrovolsky while i was at the hospital which i found strange ( there office was closed due to reno's ) instead a ( Dr Brittany Barber ) was at the hospital filling in for Dr Dobrovolsky . I live in grande prairie area which the sugery was in edmonton , also thought Kingsway's office would have called me to see if i need some more medications but they haven't as of yet , starting to run out , very painful where the jaw has been broke on both sides - now shut tight held together with elastics sure hurts to yawn , god help me if i need to sneeze .I hope i will be able to get meds from them for a while longer until i heal.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky to have a growth removed from the back of my tongue. I read the reviews below and was a little apprehensive about how things ma..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I recently went to see Dr. Dobrovolsky for a Consultation. Yes I did have to wait a bit, but it really was not as long as others have posted. The Staff were ver..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had Jaw surgery in 2009 by Dr Dobs (as I call him). I waited almost 2 years to get in to see him and then another year before the operation took place. My h..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "total jerk got a referral to see him what creep get off ur high horse shame on him "

August 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The staff here is absolutely horrific. Definitely the rudest recepionists I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favour and never visit this place unless you enjo..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Kingsway oral surgury is a lesson in frustration. For both appointments they were over 2 hours late. Dr dobrovolsky was the only doctor to be this far behind. I..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had double jaw surgery and geneoplasty chin reduction. As a nearing 50 year old male I am usually very critical of any mistakes, problem is, Dr. Dobrovolsk..."

February 27, 2015