Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

Ratings for Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

Got refered by my dentist for a consult. Next thing I know I'm booked in for surgery and have no idea why. He refused to see me if I wasn't having the surgery. I left more confused than ever. I went for a consult not surgery. Seems a little too cut happy for my liking. Won't be going back to him that's for sure.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

What is your preferred way of finding out you have cancer? Would it be from a cancer hospital booking an appointment for you before you even knew you had a problem? Well that's how it worked for me at Kingsway oral surgery. Apparently Dr. Dobrovolsky wanted to see me at the "crack of dawn" on the same day I heard from the cancer clinic. Well when I calm down let me tell you what actually happened and trust me, it's not pretty !

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

We we referred to Dr, D 4 years ago after my son's jaw was injured. After an extensive surgery to repair the damage - we were very impressed by the almost invisible scarring. Dr D and his staff have been nothing but courteous and helpful, and their door has always been open. Quite sometime later, and due to the previous injury, we requested a specific referral for Dr D to remove his wisdom teeth - we were very happy that they were willing to see him again.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

This guy seems to have a "God complex" I have had 2 appointments now where he swoops in spends 5 mins with me and try's to swoop out, and if I dare to ask a question, he seems very bothered, that I would dare to do so. When I persisted in asking all I would get is unclear 1 word answers that had no relevance to the actual question.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have had a very lengthy history with this man, and each interaction leaves me more and more sour towards his disposition. He is the type of Surgeon that treats his patients as though they are not worthy of his time. when asked questions he will often give the impression that I am not worthy of questioning his judgment. He talks to his patients like we should just accept what he is going to do and not question it. I have never encountered anyone so arrogant in my life. The front office staff are horrible and the General Manager is a real piece of work as well, she tried to throw him under the bus a few times, when I confronted her about my care. This is the type of surgeon that did not even review my test results until I asked him about them well over a month later and said they were fine until he pulled them out of my file only to realize they were not fine at all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. D is a great oral surgeon. I highly recommend him. His anaesthetist and nurses make a great team . At short notice I got in. Could not be happier.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

He has been amazing! I have been a patient of his for over 6 years. He is always offering honest solutions and is quick and confident.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Doctor Dobs and his staff changed my life. He gave me my life back. They are very caring. They are very empatheic and sympathetic. I have been dealing with Dr. Dobs for almost 2 years. He is very thorough. Professional. Some say he is in it for the money. You must have seen a different Doctor than I. A gazillion thanks.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Dobrovolsky's office by my dentist in Grande Prairie. I did not want to travel to Edmonton to see them, so did have to wait 8 months to get an appointment in their GP office. However, I had a great experience once I was in the office. Courteous staff, and I was seen promptly. Dr. Dobrovolsky was extremely warm and welcoming. He took the time to thoroughly go through my medical history and asked a lot of questions in-depth more so than any other medical professional I have ever come in contact with. The 360 xray/ct scan they did was amazing. He took the time to walk through the concern that I had been referred for, and also asked me about a previous jaw injury that I was not aware of. He explained what had likely happened and future concerns that may arise from it. He also took the time to examine a recent root canal procedure and walk through my concerns about it. We had a great chat about the advances in oral surgery x-rays and imaging in recent years and I found it quite fascinating. I learned a lot about my jaw! I would highly recommend Dr. D!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I went to Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky to have a growth removed from the back of my tongue. I read the reviews below and was a little apprehensive about how things may turn out. Life has taught me that everyone's perception is a little bit different based on past experiences and expectations.....I found the front end staff to be polite and "on the ball". There was a short wait, but nothing that one would get upset about. I arrived at 1045 and was recovering from a general anesthectic and out the door by 130. I told Dr. Dobrovolsky that I was little scared because of my circumstances. The appointment was for a consultation and surgery, and after a quick look, he stated that he did not believe the growth to be an issue. He did not belittle my fear, but instead took 5 minutes to build a bit of a rapport with my wife and I. He went from the guy that was going to wack a chunk of my tongue out - to a fella that showed empathy and a very deep passion for his job. He fully explained what I would physically experience during the anesthetization as well as post op. This made both my wife and I more relaxed with what was about to happen. The next day there was a follow-up call from an assistant to ensure that we were able to fill my prescriptions and that I was doing alright. I respect Dr. Dobrovolsky and appreciate the job that he and all of his co-workers did in making my experience as anxiety free as possible. I would recommend Dr. Dobrovolsky and the clinic to anyone that requires oral surgery.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015