Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

Ratings for Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

We we referred to Dr, D 4 years ago after my son's jaw was injured. After an extensive surgery to repair the damage - we were very impressed by the almost invisible scarring. Dr D and his staff have been nothing but courteous and helpful, and their door has always been open. Quite sometime later, and due to the previous injury, we requested a specific referral for Dr D to remove his wisdom teeth - we were very happy that they were willing to see him again.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

This guy seems to have a "God complex" I have had 2 appointments now where he swoops in spends 5 mins with me and try's to swoop out, and if I dare to ask a question, he seems very bothered, that I would dare to do so. When I persisted in asking all I would get is unclear 1 word answers that had no relevance to the actual question.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I have had a very lengthy history with this man, and each interaction leaves me more and more sour towards his disposition. He is the type of Surgeon that treats his patients as though they are not worthy of his time. when asked questions he will often give the impression that I am not worthy of questioning his judgment. He talks to his patients like we should just accept what he is going to do and not question it. I have never encountered anyone so arrogant in my life. The front office staff are horrible and the General Manager is a real piece of work as well, she tried to throw him under the bus a few times, when I confronted her about my care. This is the type of surgeon that did not even review my test results until I asked him about them well over a month later and said they were fine until he pulled them out of my file only to realize they were not fine at all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. D is a great oral surgeon. I highly recommend him. His anaesthetist and nurses make a great team . At short notice I got in. Could not be happier.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

He has been amazing! I have been a patient of his for over 6 years. He is always offering honest solutions and is quick and confident.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Doctor Dobs and his staff changed my life. He gave me my life back. They are very caring. They are very empatheic and sympathetic. I have been dealing with Dr. Dobs for almost 2 years. He is very thorough. Professional. Some say he is in it for the money. You must have seen a different Doctor than I. A gazillion thanks.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Dobrovolsky's office by my dentist in Grande Prairie. I did not want to travel to Edmonton to see them, so did have to wait 8 months to get an appointment in their GP office. However, I had a great experience once I was in the office. Courteous staff, and I was seen promptly. Dr. Dobrovolsky was extremely warm and welcoming. He took the time to thoroughly go through my medical history and asked a lot of questions in-depth more so than any other medical professional I have ever come in contact with. The 360 xray/ct scan they did was amazing. He took the time to walk through the concern that I had been referred for, and also asked me about a previous jaw injury that I was not aware of. He explained what had likely happened and future concerns that may arise from it. He also took the time to examine a recent root canal procedure and walk through my concerns about it. We had a great chat about the advances in oral surgery x-rays and imaging in recent years and I found it quite fascinating. I learned a lot about my jaw! I would highly recommend Dr. D!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I went to Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky to have a growth removed from the back of my tongue. I read the reviews below and was a little apprehensive about how things may turn out. Life has taught me that everyone's perception is a little bit different based on past experiences and expectations.....I found the front end staff to be polite and "on the ball". There was a short wait, but nothing that one would get upset about. I arrived at 1045 and was recovering from a general anesthectic and out the door by 130. I told Dr. Dobrovolsky that I was little scared because of my circumstances. The appointment was for a consultation and surgery, and after a quick look, he stated that he did not believe the growth to be an issue. He did not belittle my fear, but instead took 5 minutes to build a bit of a rapport with my wife and I. He went from the guy that was going to wack a chunk of my tongue out - to a fella that showed empathy and a very deep passion for his job. He fully explained what I would physically experience during the anesthetization as well as post op. This made both my wife and I more relaxed with what was about to happen. The next day there was a follow-up call from an assistant to ensure that we were able to fill my prescriptions and that I was doing alright. I respect Dr. Dobrovolsky and appreciate the job that he and all of his co-workers did in making my experience as anxiety free as possible. I would recommend Dr. Dobrovolsky and the clinic to anyone that requires oral surgery.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I recently went to see Dr. Dobrovolsky for a Consultation. Yes I did have to wait a bit, but it really was not as long as others have posted. The Staff were very friendly and even though they were very busy, they still took time to answer a few questions and not make me feel like a pest. Once they call your name, things move very quickly, from the time they take xrays, then move you to large exam room for some info on you and then Dr Dobrovolsky enters. Dr. Dobrovolsky spent what seemed like 45 minutes with me, looking over past MRI's, Xray's, etc. He now knows more about my medical history than any other Dr's, Family or otherwise. He even asked if I knew that I had broken my nose. I told him that a couple years ago I had a small crack on the bridge but nothing was ever done as it was so small. He then showed me a xray of a large bone in my nose that had been broken. I said, about 30 years ago while playing baseball, I got hit in the nose pretty good and had gotten a huge black eye, but I was more concerned about the eye than a bloody nose as I had a Wedding to attend in 3 days. Funny after all these years of xrays and MRI's he was the first to ever mention this. I have since told several people that I have never seen any Dr. spend this much time with a patient, let alone on a consultation or not. I would highly recommend Dr. Dobrovlsky to anyone who wants a Dr. that knows that much of your health history so there are no suprises if you are to have surgery of any kind. Just knowing how informed he is should make anyone feel relaxed.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I had Jaw surgery in 2009 by Dr Dobs (as I call him). I waited almost 2 years to get in to see him and then another year before the operation took place. My husband and I asked too many questions as he put it undermining his ability as a surgeon. He did the surgery and till this day we do not know what happened. I had to be put out and have my mouth stretch , I had Botox a couple times done by him. and nothing worked . My mouth is worse off. I can barely open my mouth 10 m. A normal person can open usually between 30-40 m . My mouth is crooked and I spent so much money on braces and having my mouth with beautiful teeth. Now I cannot even smile, I eat like a baby , and he dropped me like a hot cake when my husband questioned what he was going to do to fix this problem. He stated he did not like my husbands tone with him and sent us a letter stating I was no longer his patient. Never ever go to this man his manner and compassion for people is very unprofessional. I had to research another surgeon in Toronto to see what was going on. And Dr Dobrovolsky did not make my jaw better but worse. seeing pictures of what my jaw looks like I discovered that my jaw is stuck and I know need a Jaw replacement. Please if you have a jaw problem never ever go to this Dr. I say shame on him for calling himself a professional. And the staff was no better.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015