Ratings for Dr. Tom Wintermans

I had one bad wisdom tooth in my jaw and asked that he remove both lower ones. After surgery I found he had removed all four, though told NOT to do so ; the upper two posing no problems and still covered by the gum. A nurse told me he had tried to get them out quick, resulting in the breaking of all four teeth and then the use of a hammer and chisel to get the pieces out. I can stand a lot of pain but he left me in excruciating pain the likes of which was indescribable. No scrip for any pain medication was given. After a few days I began to notice that when I blew my nose the air came out the top hole where a wisdom tooth had been. Did he drill in my upper jaw that far ? It lasted 6 mo.(almost the same time for the 'flaps' of tissue and the holes to heal over). Later ,the adjacent molars to the pulled teeth had pieces of their fillings fall out. Did he break my fillings trying to get the wisdom teeth out ? He nearly split the corners of my mouth as well. I should have sued.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Dr. wintermans did mine, both my brothers and my husbands wisdom teeth removals and did a wonderfull job with no problems, his staff was alos wonder full. Dr. wintermans passed away recently and i would like extend my wishes to his family.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

My spouse had a very bad outcome after having a root removed. Dr. was rough, used too much pressure, crushed not only tooth but also the root. Healing was slow and painfull, follow up check up revealed nothing. According to doc. everything was fine. Trouble was, everything wasn't fine, a month afterwards my spouse was still removing shards of broken bone, things were festering. A visit to physician sent us for antibiotics, badly needed by now! The kicker is -insurance covered 100% but doctor overcharged expecting me to pay up for the butch job he did. He had no problem hiring a collection agency to go after $30.00 he figured we owed him after insurance compensated him for 100%. Only a threatening letter to sue for malpractice shut him up for good. Don't recommend him for anything, go out of town if you have to. In this town shortages of doctors lead to outcomes like that but no one should take any of it shortages or not.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Seemed Ok - my only issue was that he seemed to have splashed on a full bottle of cologne. Being asthmatic, the few hours spent in his surgery were unbearable. I would not go back there for this reason alone.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

Beware! He is a car mechanic posing as a dentist! He has terrible bedside manner and didn't make me feel at ease, at all. Since I didn't have insurance, no anesthetic was used, so I was awake while he pulled out my wisdom teeth. He was very rough and unapologetic for it. It would have been helpful if he had at least been nice! I would never go back to him, ever.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Dr. Wintermans removed my wisdom teeth. Even though they were impacted, there was some discomfort afterwards, but nothing I couldn't handle. There was swelling, but otherwise I was feeling pretty good the next day. When I woke up, I was pleased to see he kept my teeth for me to see...I still have them!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007