You may also like

Dr. Comite is an exceptional dermatologist. I have been going to Dr. Comite for almost 15 years and I do not have enough good things to say about him and his staff. He has that rare combination of being both extremely knowledgeable and highly personable with a first-rate bedside manner. He is up-to-date on all issues and very detailed. Given my fair skin and some other medical issues, I have regular issues with my skin and the doctor has always quickly and very efficiently dealt with all my issues. I have received many compliments from close friends saying how much better my skin has gotten over the years. He provides very quick and personal follow-up (with any moderate issue, he almost always calls later that day to check in). He and his staff take detailed and comprehensive notes (my file is now almost the size of novel) which means that nothing falls through the cracks. He is extremely accommodating when it comes to appointments. Moreover, I recently had a skin issue come up on a Friday before a holiday weekend so I contacted him and he came into the office on his day off to take care of the issue. I know there are very few doctors who would do this but it is a perfect representation of the type of doctor and person he is. I give Dr. Comite my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Comite is not only a brilliant dermatologist, but he is one of the most caring and considerate physicians I have ever met. I have gone to Dr. Comite for more than 15 years and have recommended many friends and family members. In my opinion, he is the best dermatologist in NYC. Dr. Comite is always up to date on his patients' medical conditions and on the latest, cutting edge medical and cosmetic technology and treatments. His office and staff are all well trained, prompt and friendly. I have never had to wait for more than five minutes for any given appointment. Dr. Comite takes a personal interest in every patient and takes the time to explain any issues or risk factors and treatment alternatives. He and his staff take extensive, contemporaneous notes so they remember the exact history of each patient. Dr. Comite is up to date on all. His knowledge of dermatology is unsurpassed. I highly recommend Dr. Comite.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

It was quick to get an appointment. The waiting time was very brief and the office is close to Grand Central just off of Park Avenue. The staff was very accommodating. The doctor spent lots of time with me and made sure that all of my questions were answered. He even followed up to make sure everything went well. A very positive experience with a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. Comite and his staff are absolutely amazing! I was recommended to him from family and when I first went to see Dr. Comite my skin was in bad shape-I had very active acne, worse than I ever experienced before in my life. After having graduated from college I didn’t expect this skin change and I didn’t know how to improve it or if it would even improve. Dr. Comite however, was extremely knowledgeable, optimistic, and truly cared about helping me get my clear skin back. My visits were always friendly and comfortable which was important to me during a time when I was feeling less than myself. After only a few sessions, Dr. Comite and his team found the correct treatment to clear up my skin. Within a month my skin showed improvement and in only two months my skin drastically improved. After being a patient of Dr. Comite’s for over four years I couldn’t be happier! My skin has continued to be clear and I know if I have any questions or concerns an answer is just a phone call to the office. I’m so thankful to have found such a dedicated doctor in the field of dermatology. Dr. Comite and his staff helped me get, and keep, the skin I knew I could have. I highly recommend him to anyone with any dermatology needs.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Comite is excellent. He is extremely thorough, careful and caring. He makes sure you are informed of all the available options for treatment, makes a recommendation and explains why he is making that recommendations and always follows up the next day to make sure you are OK and that there are no issues. He is not only adept at cosmetic procedures, but also excellent at medical dermatology, having caught an early stage skin cancer on my nose, and pre-cancerous moles on my back. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Dr. Comite is not only a brilliant dermatologist, but he is one of the most caring and considerate physicians I have ever met. I have gone to Dr. Comite for more than 15 years and have recommended many friends and family members. In my opinion, he is the best dermatologist in NYC. Dr. Comite is always up to date on his patients’ medical conditions and on the latest, cutting edge medical and cosmetic technology and treatments. His office and staff are all well trained, prompt and friendly. I have never had to wait for more than five minutes for any given appointment. Dr. Comite takes a personal interest in every patient and takes the time to explain any issues or risk factors and treatment alternatives. He and his staff take extensive, contemporaneous notes so they remember the exact history of each patient. Dr. Comite is up to date on all information. His knowledge of dermatology is unsurpassed. I highly recommend Dr. Comite.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

I came in not knowing much about Dr. Comite, but he and his staff exceeded my expectations. I now recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Comite. He addressed all of my concerns. He removed a mole and there was very little discomfort!! Next, I plan to go back and see him to treat my wrinkles.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

After going to a few dermatologists in the New York City area who did not satisfy my needs my research paid off in providing me with the privilege of finding Dr. Comite. Aside from having a lovely staff, ease of making appointments, a clean and conveniently located office, Dr. Comite is extremely personable, professional and knowledgeable. He addresses all needs, listens and hears between the lines. He provides alternatives and suggests all options in your individual personal dermatology needs and health. I went to Dr. Comite for a skin cancer screening and for the cosmetic treatment of Botox. Both procedures were efficient. I was thrilled with the results of my Botox treatment. I was able to return to work immediately, my skin looks 100% natural. I am definitely going to go back to Dr. Comite for future Botox treatments and all cosmetic skin care that I may consider in the future. Once again, after finding Dr. Comite do not continue searching for another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

He is an outstanding and experienced dermatologist. Didn’t hurt at all. Go see him!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Stephen L. Comite's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

GHI

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Comite is an exceptional dermatologist. I have been going to Dr. Comite for almost 15 years and I do not have enough good things to say about him and his s..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Comite is not only a brilliant dermatologist, but he is one of the most caring and considerate physicians I have ever met. I have gone to Dr. Comite for mo..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It was quick to get an appointment. The waiting time was very brief and the office is close to Grand Central just off of Park Avenue. The staff was very accommo..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible. Very disappointed by this doctor. Definitely cannot recommend him"

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Comite and his staff are absolutely amazing! I was recommended to him from family and when I first went to see Dr. Comite my skin was in bad shape-I had ver..."

September 30, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Stephen" to "Stephen L."

October 20, 2013