Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Comite

Excellent manner. I came in with concerns about a suspicious looking growth and he found another one that was difficult for me to see. He has very good hands and did a painless removal and sent the tissues out for biopsy. And, even though it was totally unnecessary, he called me that night to be sure that I was OK and didn't have any more questions.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Have been a long-term patient of Dr. Comite, and really trust him. He is smart, thorough, caring, and accessible. Will lean toward conservative (safe) approach, while discussing any pros or cons so you can decide. Amazed to receive a personal phone call at night to check in on my wellbeing after a procedure. He has steered me through potential melanoma and lyme disease, amongst other things. His office is convenient and staff is responsive and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Stephen Comite is a terrific, experienced, knowledgeable dermatologist. He has been treating me for various skin conditions, including melanoma for over 22 years. He has a compassionate and very caring manner. He does a yearly body scan check on me and I marvel at his thoroughness and his attention to detail. His staff is a delight to work with. Very professional and always friendly!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Comite is an outstanding dermatologist, up to date, technically proficient, highly experienced and knowledgeable, courteous and caring. I am a physician who has referred my patients to Dr. Comite and am a patient of his myself.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr. Comite is one of the best Dermatologists I have seen. He is very sharp, and can carefully and quickly diagnose the problem. I have never had to wait for my appointment. He has excellent training and is an expert in everything from skin cancer to cosmetic procedures. I have 100% confidence in his superb abilities as a caring and very smart physician. I have been going to Dr. Comite for 17 years and wouldn't ever consider going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Comite is a compassionate and caring doctor who has done an excellent job as my dermatologist. His advice is always thoughtful and he works with me to find the best treatment options. He is highly motivated and extremely helpful. My skin has drastically improved since I started seeing him. I would highly recommend Dr. Comite to anyone seeking dermatology care.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I just read P.D.’s review and I could not disagree more. My wife, my children, and I have been patients of Dr. Comite for too many years to count. Between fair skin, moles, rashes, acne, and various other skin-related issues, he and his staff have provided my family with nothing less than exceptional care. When we’ve experienced rashes, he has cured them when possible and provided medication to keep them in check when not. When he’s had to remove precancerous moles, he has done so with no or the most minimal amount of scarring. When my son was suffering from acne, he treated him with Accutane, completely resolving the problem. Dr. Comite is compassionate and caring and his staff is efficient and friendly. In short, I believe that he is an extraordinary doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Comite is an exceptional dermatologist. I have been going to Dr. Comite for almost 15 years and I do not have enough good things to say about him and his staff. He has that rare combination of being both extremely knowledgeable and highly personable with a first-rate bedside manner. He is up-to-date on all issues and very detailed. Given my fair skin and some other medical issues, I have regular issues with my skin and the doctor has always quickly and very efficiently dealt with all my issues. I have received many compliments from close friends saying how much better my skin has gotten over the years. He provides very quick and personal follow-up (with any moderate issue, he almost always calls later that day to check in). He and his staff take detailed and comprehensive notes (my file is now almost the size of novel) which means that nothing falls through the cracks. He is extremely accommodating when it comes to appointments. Moreover, I recently had a skin issue come up on a Friday before a holiday weekend so I contacted him and he came into the office on his day off to take care of the issue. I know there are very few doctors who would do this but it is a perfect representation of the type of doctor and person he is. I give Dr. Comite my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Comite is not only a brilliant dermatologist, but he is one of the most caring and considerate physicians I have ever met. I have gone to Dr. Comite for more than 15 years and have recommended many friends and family members. In my opinion, he is the best dermatologist in NYC. Dr. Comite is always up to date on his patients' medical conditions and on the latest, cutting edge medical and cosmetic technology and treatments. His office and staff are all well trained, prompt and friendly. I have never had to wait for more than five minutes for any given appointment. Dr. Comite takes a personal interest in every patient and takes the time to explain any issues or risk factors and treatment alternatives. He and his staff take extensive, contemporaneous notes so they remember the exact history of each patient. Dr. Comite is up to date on all. His knowledge of dermatology is unsurpassed. I highly recommend Dr. Comite.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

It was quick to get an appointment. The waiting time was very brief and the office is close to Grand Central just off of Park Avenue. The staff was very accommodating. The doctor spent lots of time with me and made sure that all of my questions were answered. He even followed up to make sure everything went well. A very positive experience with a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. Stephen L. Comite's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)