Ratings for Dr. Amel Sadek

Sincere, caring, professional, punctual. Happily refers you to a specialist if needed Would highly recommend Dr. Sadek.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

After moving across Ontario and having to switch from a long time doctor to Dr. Sadek, I was very disappointed. I visited her approximately 10 times over a period of four months at her insistence, and yet nothing ever seemed to get done. And, in fact, there was a new issue I found with her care each time. At the first appointment for a general check up and meeting, she did not seem to want to listen to my concerns about family history. Seeing as there is history of diabetes, cancer and heart issues on both sides of my family, I want to be ahead of the game and for my health care provider to be aware as well. Also, rather than spend more than five minutes with me at the initial appointment, she insisted I needed to make a new appointment instead of renewing a prescription then. Just like several other doctors I've encounter, she was very quick to dismiss my concerns as I am only 19-years-old, and therefore, according to her, I cannot have very many or very serious health problems. This was frustrating as I already had a confirmed diagnosis of hypothyroidism, and have been experiencing chronic pain for the past seven years. While she did increase my thyroid medication after a blood test, she refused to investigate any pain or other issues I was having. She told me that I should "eat more turmeric" and then my pain would go away, and that her "other patients say it works great". No referrals, no tests, just "eat more turmeric". In the spring, she wouldn't even fill out a requisition for my iron to be tested again, despite it being just barely in the acceptable range the first time. Several months later, I attempted to go donate blood and was turned away for having excessively low hemoglobin. The nurse there told me I needed to go to a clinic as soon as possible to be retested and start on iron supplements. She also lets her personal beliefs get in the way of the care she provides to patients. She was extremely judgmental of the fact that I am an unmarried, young female who is sexually active. Almost every appointment she would ask me again if I was sexually active and then right after "if I live alone", even though I had expressed that I'm in a committed relationship. I found her prodding to be unprofessional and frustrating. She would not listen to me what so ever if I brought up any concerns I had. I had been trying for months to get her to consider my ideas or send me to a specialist if she couldn't do it, and I got no response. Often she would tell me to make another appointment and when I arrived for that appointment, she would ask me why I was there. As another reviewer mentioned, she is rarely on time and overbooks all of her appointments. She also does often leave her records up on the computer, which revealed another channel of unprofessional-ism: her notes were often incomplete, completely incorrect or using inflammatory and judgmental wording. Overall I found her to be an unpleasant doctor. She is very prejudice towards younger patients, and does not take them as seriously as she should or they need to be taken. Pretending they are too young to have medical issues does not make the medical issues go away. After months of disappointment, I had myself taken off her patient list today. Do yourself a favour, if you are given an option of which doctor to go to, do NOT choose Dr. Sadek. Especially if you are young. You deserve better care!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

She has got to be the worst Dr I've ever had. She's a complete joke! Anytime I need her to fill out paperwork she claims she can't. I go to get life insurance and she refuses to fill out the paperwork for me until I come in then get a physical then come back so on and so forth . After I told her I have moved 3 hours away and in the process of removing her as my Dr due to that but she is my last Dr on record so she is needed to fill it out. Well here I sit my husband done who was also with her and I'm still waiting. Thanks. No really. THANKS!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Honestly for someone who is willing to manage their own health needs Dr Sadek is a great physician to have. She listens to whatever issue you are having and if she cannot help she gives a quick referral to a specialist, ive never had a problem having a health issue resolved with her, she genuinely cares about making sure you get the care you need if she cannot provide it.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Always takes the time to listen. Speedy referrals as needed. Definitely would recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

A hard working,dedicated physician The comment posted Nov 2015 by person referring to Dr Sadek as an idiot -this patient is a freaking moron . Don't blame the doc for your woes that were self -inflicted you stupid moron You should have known better to quit your dirty habit

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I stopped going to her for about a year iv had on going problems for about 4 years I'm only 20 and a heavy smoker I told her for the two years of going to her I always have bad chest pain and hacking she tells me it's anxiety and gives me lorazipam and paxil to take togeather she is literly a idiot I go to hospital and they diagnosis me with something way more serious she should not be a doctor at all

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I really don't know how this woman can be a doctor. She doesn't seem very knowledgeable. Doesn't seem to care about patient only how many times she can get them in her office. Doesn't listen to patient and usually sends patient on referrals instead of trying to figure out what the problem is herself. I've had to tell her every single time I went there of the same issue and seems surprised like she never heard it before in her life. Also does up notes of session before she has actually seen patient, she should learn to close her open files before letting patients in room and most of the notes she had are false or at the very least incorrect. Not someone I will recommend to anyone as I am currently looking for a new doctor. Staff on the other hand are great!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

So far, a very positive experience in the 1 1/2 years she has been my doctor. The staff is busy but is usually friendly and professional, no matter how busy it is. The doctor takes the time to ask questions and seek solutions, referring to specialists if needed. Good care overall.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

i will admit that the clinic is busy, but perhaps it is an issue with the new staff who seem to have a lot on their hands. nonetheless, dr sadek is very polite and has a great bedside manner. my entire family sees her and she has taken good care of us all, especially with my history of medical issues. i do like how she isnt quick to prescribe and leave, but asks me questions to find out more. very thorough, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014