Ratings for Dr. Amel Sadek

Nice lady but not knowledgeable or up to date. Missed symptoms for RA - had to ask her to test me for it. She always has ICE cold hands when doing a physical (& shrugged it off when I mentioned it the one time), doesn't listen (for instance, during one physical asked me the same question within 2 minutes, in an automated manner), pushes medications & vaccines every chance she gets, and has made an inappropriate degrading remark about my body during a physical. I strongly suggest you seek out any doctor but this one.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I previously posted a negative review for Dr. Sadek, and I'm astonished that she's managed to make me think even worse of her. I tried to disenroll myself from her patient list months ago because she would not pay attention to any of my health concerns or let me see any specialists, and today I found out that she has refused for a second time to take me off her list! I've even called the Ontario hotline to do so and somehow I'm still on her list. Today, I got a call saying I'm due for a physical and here I thought she wasn't even my doctor anymore. This is completely unacceptable, on top of her overbooking appointments, being rude and unhelpful, and not considering anyone else's knowledge but her own lacking knowledge. At all costs, AVOID DR. SADEK.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My doctor retired so I was referred to her, I'm changing doctors, she's ridiculous.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

very thorough caring and listens well. i like her a lot.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I have been a patient for at least 5 years she has been great so far!!mymom as well is a patient she was very sick and could not come to see her st the office so she came to her home!yes that's right drove to her home ,collected some samples and promptly diagnosed her and phoned in a perscription and called us often to see how she was doing!I will be forever great full for the kindness and compassion she showed that day!!!thanks so much!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Working in the Health Care field and not being a doctor I am extremely disappointed that I had to make most suggestions and this physician missed all of the symptoms for many issues. My mother had a blood clot after a lengthy hospital stay and Dr. Sadek ordered a foot xray? when there was nothing wrong with my mothers foot. My mother had pneumonia and she was ordering a bone scan? She often wants to keep patients coming to her office with double visits and orders tests+++ but never reviews the findings. Will ask ever time why are you here when she has told her patients to come to office.. I had her briefly as my own physician and quickly dismissed her as I feel she has absolutely no clue as to what she is doing. Agree with others about don't know how she maintains her license.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Sincere, caring, professional, punctual. Happily refers you to a specialist if needed Would highly recommend Dr. Sadek.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

After moving across Ontario and having to switch from a long time doctor to Dr. Sadek, I was very disappointed. I visited her approximately 10 times over a period of four months at her insistence, and yet nothing ever seemed to get done. And, in fact, there was a new issue I found with her care each time. At the first appointment for a general check up and meeting, she did not seem to want to listen to my concerns about family history. Seeing as there is history of diabetes, cancer and heart issues on both sides of my family, I want to be ahead of the game and for my health care provider to be aware as well. Also, rather than spend more than five minutes with me at the initial appointment, she insisted I needed to make a new appointment instead of renewing a prescription then. Just like several other doctors I've encounter, she was very quick to dismiss my concerns as I am only 19-years-old, and therefore, according to her, I cannot have very many or very serious health problems. This was frustrating as I already had a confirmed diagnosis of hypothyroidism, and have been experiencing chronic pain for the past seven years. While she did increase my thyroid medication after a blood test, she refused to investigate any pain or other issues I was having. She told me that I should "eat more turmeric" and then my pain would go away, and that her "other patients say it works great". No referrals, no tests, just "eat more turmeric". In the spring, she wouldn't even fill out a requisition for my iron to be tested again, despite it being just barely in the acceptable range the first time. Several months later, I attempted to go donate blood and was turned away for having excessively low hemoglobin. The nurse there told me I needed to go to a clinic as soon as possible to be retested and start on iron supplements. She also lets her personal beliefs get in the way of the care she provides to patients. She was extremely judgmental of the fact that I am an unmarried, young female who is sexually active. Almost every appointment she would ask me again if I was sexually active and then right after "if I live alone", even though I had expressed that I'm in a committed relationship. I found her prodding to be unprofessional and frustrating. She would not listen to me what so ever if I brought up any concerns I had. I had been trying for months to get her to consider my ideas or send me to a specialist if she couldn't do it, and I got no response. Often she would tell me to make another appointment and when I arrived for that appointment, she would ask me why I was there. As another reviewer mentioned, she is rarely on time and overbooks all of her appointments. She also does often leave her records up on the computer, which revealed another channel of unprofessional-ism: her notes were often incomplete, completely incorrect or using inflammatory and judgmental wording. Overall I found her to be an unpleasant doctor. She is very prejudice towards younger patients, and does not take them as seriously as she should or they need to be taken. Pretending they are too young to have medical issues does not make the medical issues go away. After months of disappointment, I had myself taken off her patient list today. Do yourself a favour, if you are given an option of which doctor to go to, do NOT choose Dr. Sadek. Especially if you are young. You deserve better care!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

She has got to be the worst Dr I've ever had. She's a complete joke! Anytime I need her to fill out paperwork she claims she can't. I go to get life insurance and she refuses to fill out the paperwork for me until I come in then get a physical then come back so on and so forth . After I told her I have moved 3 hours away and in the process of removing her as my Dr due to that but she is my last Dr on record so she is needed to fill it out. Well here I sit my husband done who was also with her and I'm still waiting. Thanks. No really. THANKS!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Honestly for someone who is willing to manage their own health needs Dr Sadek is a great physician to have. She listens to whatever issue you are having and if she cannot help she gives a quick referral to a specialist, ive never had a problem having a health issue resolved with her, she genuinely cares about making sure you get the care you need if she cannot provide it.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016