Ratings for Dr. Jay I. Tischler

My husband was treated by Dr. Tishler today. We were both surprised that the doctor has such a pleasant personality, and great sense of humor. We both plan to keep him as our podiatrist, and look forward to seeing him again

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I wish he would have spent more time answering the questions I had. It felt like a rushed appointment.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I am surprised by some of the negative comments left about this doctor. I have been using him for about a year and find his bedside manner to be very down to earth and matter of fact. Maybe some people don't like that. I have seen him for plantar fasciitis, a problem with my Achilles as well as a pretty good foot sprain. Never once have I walked away feeling like I was not helped. There are certain conditions that only so much can be done without surgery - and that is assuming surgery is even an option. Once you give him the issue, he knows exactly where to check (read: press) ...and exactly how to peel you off the ceiling once he is finished (foot and heel pain is excrutiating!) He has moved from a private practice into the Sentara group and despite now reporting to someone else, he's still the same guy..in fact, he may be more relaxed not having to worry about things other than the patient. Everyone has a different expectation when it comes to their healthcare provider but I have never had any issue and do recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I am so disappointed in this Doctor's unprofessional attitude towards my husbands medical condition. my husband is missing a piece of bone in his ankle and this Doctor would not even prescribe him pain medicine nor would he prescribe him medicine for the swelling. Dr. Tischler actually told my husband to "come back when your in severe pain and we will give you a shot in your ankle" like WOW if my husband was not in any pain I don't think he would have wasted money seeing you!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Love love love! Dr Tischler and staff! He is hilarious!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr. Tischler is one of the BEST doctors I've met. My 8 yr old daughter saw him for planter warts and an ingrown toe nail on both big toes. His bedside manner was FANTASTIC. I wish he specialized in every aspect of medical care...a one stop shop so to speak.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Seemed more concerned about money and ability to bill insurance then the problem. I was told by staff they would not bill insurance for orthotic because they do not make enough money on procedure.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Friendly staff and enthusiastic doctor. Eager to try non-invasive methods before surgery alternatives. Educated about cause and treatment.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2004

Dr. Jay I. Tischler's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal