Ratings for Dr. Stanislaw P. Jonas

I saw Dr. Jonas for years, until he was no longer able to accept Medicare. He is extremely giving, wise, and intelligent. He is compassionate, and yet rigorous in honestly confronting self defeating behaviors.He has a good sense of humor. He is generous with time. He is far and away the best psychotherapist I've ever seen or known. (I am in the field myself.) He is also completely up to date in his knowledge of medication and treatment issues. I will greatly miss working with him. Did he solve my problems? Only I can do that. He gave me wise insights and support, and helped me make many difficult decisions. He is truly a master, and a great man.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Jonas gives me mixed feelings. While he did not help my condition in the way I had hoped, his medical advice was top notch. He is an interesting man, and I'm sure he's been a great help to others, but in my case it was not so. To be fair, there were some things he did for me that were a great help, but my overall condition did not benefit. Some therapists are not compatible with some people, which is normal, so if you feel it's not working, cut it off right there, but if it is, I'm sure he's very helpful when he meshes well. One thing I'll get him a lot of credit for is that he's VERY generous with time, often going over by quite a bit if it's necessary. He lives in the building, so there's no commute for him, so he'll stay late if it's called for, and late really means late (I've left his office at 9:30 on many occasions). Mixed review on my part, but it's very possible it wouldn't be on yours. He also happens to be an extremely intelligent man.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Dr. Stanislaw P. Jonas's Credentials

• Akademia Med W Warszawie, Warszawa, Poland (Grad. 1958)