Ratings for Dr. Ann S. Maloney

Please beware. Dr Maloney treated my daughter for anxiety and depression in 2014 and 2015 and her psychoanalytic approach was frighteningly inappropriate and pushed my daughter into a suicidal episode. Dr Maloney over-prescribed anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medication, propranolol and adderall to a point where my daughter became addicted to xanax and adderall. Additionally, Dr Maloney’s therapy approach was unsettling- she insisted my daughter see her multiple times a week and then pushed to daily therapy and encouraged her to isolate herself from me and the rest of her family, only to trust Dr Maloney. She even went so far to ask my daughter to secretly record conversations with me and her siblings, to review and dissect during therapy later on. Thank god my family and I realized this unsettling situation and took action to save my daughter's life. Through an in-patient program, addiction treatment and intense therapy, my daughter was able to detox from the prescription medications prescribed by Dr Maloney and get control of her life. Despite her distrust of psychotherapy and medication due to her previous treatment, she is working hard to overcome her issues with new treatment and support. Dr Maloney should lose her medical license over her absolute sham of a practice.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Ann Maloney many years ago. I recently read a New York Magazine article about her and her husband which confirmed what a spooky psychiatrist she is. I am glad I came out if it without any further recourse. It was a brief amount of time that I spent with her, but it was more than enough information for me to continue with my beliefs that psychologists and psychiatrists are crazy. There were times when she was outwardly rude and in my face, mixed with moments of being nice and sane. Just too much of a roller coaster ride. One shouldn't have to feel that you are walking on egg shells when talking to a psychotherapist.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I saw Dr. Maloney for many years. I am bipolar and I have takeN Lithium since I was 18. In 2006, she took me off the medication and I went completely manic. I went into the hospital and it was the worst experience of my life. I was having a difficult time as it was, and being hospitalized was a major setback for me. I don't believe there is any evidence that bipolar can be cured, and certainly someone who has been stable with this condition should never be removed from medication. When I realized years later how unprofessional and irresponsible her actions were, she told me "you asked me to do it." So this woman, acting as a psychiatrist, took the advice of a patient in making clinical decisions. I don't think I could sue her for malpractice under the law, however, I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS WOMAN AS A PSYCHIATRIST TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

Dr. Ann S. Maloney's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1991)