Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Mahelsky

Nice doctor. Recommended him to my friends and family over the months. Hard working and caring too.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Fantastic doc. Helped me to come off of my med without head zaps. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Very polite and helpful psychiatrist. I've worked with Dr. M. for many years. I'm happy to write him and excellent review, and I definitely recommend working with him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Really great psychiatrist. I've been to several over the past year. Dr. Mahelsky helped me to find a better regimen of medication, especially since my prior doctor put me on too many that gave me too many side-effects. I definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Very sincere and helpful psychiatrist. Always on time, something that's not often found in medicine. The other review for 1 star is clearly someone who has never worked with this doctor before. I'll be staying with Dr. Mahelsky, even after my insurance changes and I won't have coverage with him. He's worth the extra money.

Submitted March 1, 2017

Excellent doctor. Very helpful with my medication. I've also worked through some of my issues in therapy with him. Definitely recommended.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Called this doctor because I have been prescribed to a medication for my ADHD since I was 17. Immediately, he was hostile and accusatory about why I took so much of my medication. I'm from Florida and if this is how doctors in New York treat their potential patients, it's quite sad. Mental health has a huge stigma. I work for a Fortune 500 company so to have this man question why I take my medication as if I'm a child is quite ridiculous. My previous doctor who I am not seeing because he doesn't accept my new insurance had prepared all my documentation and referrals I would need to submit to my new doctor. I informed him of this and then he told me he doesn't know why I take so much medication. Well , Dr. Mahelsky, you didn't take the time to look at my documents and paperwork to see why I take the medication and quantity I do. I don't recommend this doctor at all. Reporting him to the CCHR and I advise anyone else to do the same if they have a problem with doctors who decide to judge instead of help.

Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Mahelsky saved my life. After being misdiagnosed with PTSD. He was so attentive, calling me back immediately and got me on the right course of treatment. If you are suffering from anxiety, depression or any other mental problems,Dr. Mahelsky is the man to see. I give him a 10!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Mahelsky's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Ameritas