Ratings for Dr. Joyce Pinto

She is an awful Doctor. She does make you feel like you are wasting her time. I find her arrogant and has absolutely no compassion.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

If Dr. Pinto is the only doctor available at Creditview Medical I will go to a walk-in clinic. I've had to see her twice now because I could not see my own doctor. Both times she was dismissive and made me feel like I was wasting her time. One time was after the hospital in had to give me morphine for my pain and several rounds of antibiotics through IV with instructions to see my doctor ASAP the following day. Dr. Pinto basically said that she didn't think there was a problem and couldn't understand why the hospital had thought there was!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Pinto is terrible. Despite complaints and a glaringly obvious issue, she refused to give me the referral I needed until I pressured her into doing so. She is consistently dismissive of complaints and has missed numerous signs of serious health concerns for me in the past. I would NOT recommend anyone to her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I went in to see her because of some bumps I was seeing in my genitals. Without tests or even lookong at it she told me i had genital herpes. I found this odd so i went in to see another doctor at a walk in clinic. They took a swap of it and actually looked at the 2 lesions and it turned out to be ingrown hairs. I suffered 2 miscarriages while under her care. The first one she did no follow up or any tests to see if I was healing okay internally. The second one I was almost 3 months pregnant she told me I had to so a pap test and that it was safe to do so, I went in to see her she did the pap the next day I lost the baby. I called the office as it was happening and they asked me to come in, I sat there bleeding and in pain for almost an hour before I was seen. She apologized and sent me on my way Because of her I'm actually still in search of a new family doctor and afraid to even find one. I refused to return to her office and since then I have 2 beautiful healthy kids and another one on the way.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Pinto is an EXCELLENT doctor. She has been mine and my family's doctor for several years. I feel that she is straight and to the point. I came to her originally for a second opinion. And where other doctors hemmed and hawed and told me not to worry without giving tangible explanations or solutions, Dr. Pinto was straight with me, ran my tests right away and had a plan of action. If you want a doctor who sugar coats everything and paints the world in pastels do not go to her. But if want someone who will give you an honest straight educated medical opinion with your best health in mind, Dr. Pinto is BRILLIANT.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I find she is not detailed oriented. She makes a diagnosis and sticks with it. She doesn't look at other explanations

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I found Dr Pinto to be short with me, and I often felt as though I was wasting her time. When I was pregnant with my son and had asked to be referred to an OB in Toronto - so that I could deliver at a hospital near my son, she said that it was my own responsiblity to find a Dr and that she wouldn't help me at all. After calling many Dr's, I was told that she was wrong, and in fact, an OB would only take me on with a referral from her. When I informed her of this - at around 15 weeks pregnant, she looked irritated, went out in the hallway, asked another Dr for the same referral she had given her patient, came back, and said, "fine I'll do it." After having my first appointment with the OB at a "special" clinic, I realized that she had referred me to a clinic for special pregnancies under the presumption that I had kidney problems, asthma and various other health problems - all without my knowledge, and all of which were not true. The story goes on. Terrible Doctor. Do not go with her.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Pinto has been my doctor for a number of years. I have found her to be very kind, a good listener, sincere, and straight to the point. If I have a certain problem with my health issue she takes it one step further by making specialist appointments without me asking. She makes my personal issues her own, and helps me in any way she can. I can always depend on Dr. Pinto. To me she is my guardian angel.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Pinto for about two years. I have one serious problem with her which I cannot accept any longer. When we discussed the possibility of me becoming her patient, I made it extremely clear to her that I resist prescription drugs and will always research a problem, natural remedies and side effects of any prescriptions before I take them. She accepted that, but has repeatedly tried to force drugs and immunizations on me and my children regardless of my wishes. Once my son went in with a torn muscle and left with an acne medication and the phone number for Peel Health so that he could take any missing immunizations. She even lectured him and told him the decision to be immunized is his, not mine. The worst part is that he NEVER mentioned his acne to her at all! I find Dr. Joyce Pinto pleasant when it serves her, but she is most certainly arrogant and is threatened by someone who does not see doctors as gods. She lied to me and I am disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Pinto is very abrupt and insensitive to many concerns I have. She brushes me off and treats me like a number. It's time to find a new doctor who actually cares.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011