Ratings for Dr. Andreas K. Kraebber

Unfortunately, I found my treatment with Dr. Andreas Kraebber both ineffective and unethical. It increased rather than decreased my anxiety, and I became overly attached to him(which he encouraged). I certainly had transference issues with him being the all-knowing strong father that I never had. However, I found his approach overbearing as he promised me a great deal of healing, but the treatment did not work. Several times he attempted to increase my number of sessions per week, and I was left with the impression that he had a financial and personal focus, and was a bit desperate as there was no apparent benefit to me from more sessions. I was left very uncomfortable and guilty from his pressure. His style came across to me as sort of edgy and hubristic. He is certainly an intellectual guy, but I questioned his common sense as he did not appear to be very humble, and his overconfidence frightened me. He appeared very intense in his own sort of way, and he would signal, after he got comfortable enough with me, what he wanted me to do in several direct and in-direct ways. He would push me in ways I found self-serving, and he became overly involved in my life. After my termination, I met with another therapist (experienced leader in the field) to discuss my treatment with Dr.Kraebber, and she stated that he behaved very unethically on several occasions, as he seems not to be able to control his powerful impulses to control and serve his own interests and ego. She also believed that by him practicing both psychiatry and psychoanalysis he has spread himself too thin, and should have stuck to one specialty. He presents himself well and is well educated, which got my guard down a bit. Overall though, his overly large ego, impulse control issues, and questionable ethics prevented a successful outcome.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I came into treatment not really trusting psychiatrists, and came out trusting them even less. Mr. Andreas Kraebber is quite gifted verbally, but he is not a very rational man. He was inconsistent with me, and not very helpful at all. My symptoms actually increased under his care, but he just denied that fact. I felt like he gaslighted me a bit. It turned out to be quite expensive, and a complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Kraebber was referred to me by another Doctor but I found him arrogant, overly suggestive, and a bit strange. He also committed several boundary violations that I confirmed with another Doctor. His approach is too intellectual for me. I feel he lacks basic intuition so he uses intellectualization as a defense. He has sort of a seductive style, and I regret staying for more than just a few sessions.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

He comes across as very technically competent, but he very very opinionated. He provided me with too much advice, and told me what he thought I should do quite often based on his values, of course. I feel the treatment undermined many of my relationships, and I am worse off having been a patient. I am certainly partly to blame.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Andreas K. Kraebber's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1996)

Assurant