Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Richman

Dr. Richman was knowledgable, caring and empathetic. He listened to me and was clearly interested in helping me make the best decisions for myself. I'm luck to have found him.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Richman is a very professional, astute doctor. He understood my issues and was very perceptive and helpful to me. I was very pleased with our session and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I was and have been very impressed by the care I received from Dr. Richman. He is very knowledgeable, empathetic and responsive. In my experience with Dr. Richman, he listens closely to my concerns and questions and responds with an expertise that gives me a feeling of being understood, cared about and well taken care of. I also felt that if we differed on any subjects, he was open to my reactions and available to discuss it openly. I highly recommend Dr. Richman, he is a psychiatrist who provides excellent care both as a psychotherapist as well as a psychopharmacologist.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr Richman was extremely polite, helpful, warm and professional. His thoughtful, careful consideration of my problems offered me a new and unique prospective that previous doctors had not suggested. I am extremely grateful to him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Overall Excellent and helpful! Great Diagnostician and clinically very skilled.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

If you are looking for empathy, Barry J. Richman is not the Psychiatrist you should visit. Dr. Richman regarded me with a cold, stoic demeanor I would expect from somebody I had wronged. I felt as though he were counting down the minutes until he could procure payment for his time with me. Perhaps he is simply jaded from his years in the profession. Being new to this process, I almost had myself convinced that this was how therapy was supposed to be. After some research, I realize this is not at all the case. I do not recommend this psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Barry J. Richman's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1985)

Veterans Administration