Ratings for Dr. Matthew A. Tolchin

Oh My God< I wish I had read these reviews of Dr. Tolchin before I entered into therapy with him. I agree with the person who stated he was over medicated by Dr. Tolchin. When I was under Dr. Tolchin's treatment I was a zombie. He over medicated me to the point that I was sleepy and not functioning. I lost my job due to his telling me what to say to my boss. This doctor does not know what he is doing or how to help people get out of depression and function in society on all levels. He is cold, unfeeling and was obsessed with details of my s_x life. I was not seeking s_x therapy, just help for a depression after the loss of my parent.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

This psychiatrist is the worst doctor ever. He ruined my life with improper prescriptions that curtailed my ability to function and work and gave me terrible advice that led to job losses and poor relationships. His only concern was about my sexual fantasies and sexual behavior which was non-existent since I was sleepy and non-functioning due to his medicating me with the wrong drugs. When I switched doctors I finally pulled out of my deep depression and became functioning!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

A serious shortcoming in someone who is prescribing psycho-meds.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2008

Dr. Matthew A. Tolchin's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1963)