Ratings for Dr. James Gill

I've been a client since around 2005, 2006 or 2007 (not sure... happens to us old folks). The service has always been to the point, very helpful and Dr. Gill seems genially concerned about your physical well-being, no matter how small you may think the problem to be. Your health is at state so best not to eww and ahhh with Dr. Gill. Tell him exactly like it is and he will return the courtesy by assisting you without the loss of precious time. Unlike other doctors I've had in the past, he is not afraid to admit that he may not know the cause of an issue. In these cases and without hesitation, he has always used his resources to find the answer. He has always made me feel confident and of course... feeling well. His mannerism is fine by me. My health is more important than meaningless pleasantries.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Knowledgeable, but sometimes rude. Does his job well, but does not care much about the patient. Enforces "one problem per visit" policies - good for his billing, but bad if your head and hand are hurting; you have to take time off work two times.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Absolutely amazing, wonderful doctor. He has been seeing me and my two boys (now 19 and 23) for over 15 years. He knows his stuff, refers to specialists when needed and is always very good at diagnosing and follow up. He knows how to relate to children, teens, young adults and adults. He "Tells it like it is" and I wouldn't want any other kind of doctor. His staff is also wonderful. Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I'm totally satisfied with Dr. Gill and his staff's service. They are all very professional, kind, and understanding. I've been seeing Dr. Gill for about 10 years. Since our twin daughters were born, they've been seeing Dr. Gill for more than 5 years. His staff and him have never turned us down. They are very efficient. All I want to say is they are the best!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Gill is honest, up front and wants you to get well. From the few negative reviews on here I speculate those who are unhappy or find him arrogant are people not willing to listen to the harsh reality it sometimes takes to get well. He's on time. Every time. He knows what he's talking about. To some, he may come across as gruff but I'd rather have gruff and talented then nice and incompetent.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I have been seeing him as a GP for several years now and usually he has been very good with me, however my last couple of visits he has been rude and and condescending. One time he berated me for going to a walking in clinic downtown for an urgent care matter saying I should have driven all the way to see him in Barhaven because OHIP bills him for my visits to walkins. On another visit he became very agitated while I was trying to explain something to him and basically sent me out of the office to write it down, like a child, and then did not even bother to see me again afterwards. I would change doctors in a heartbeat but there are few to choose from. Shouldn't have to put up with his moodiness, impulsiveness and personal financial complaints when trying to access medical care. I mean this guy makes about 10x the money I do and he wants me to drive across town to save him a few bucks and then when I do see him he treats me like some kind of insolent child -I'm over 40 years old!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

This wonderful man has been my husband's Doctor and my Doctor for over 20 years. He literally saved my husbands life. Finally my husband went to him with jaw pain and to make a long story short he ended up 98% blocked in two artieries - he had 2 stents inserted all thanks to Dr. Gill. We will be his patients forever - we trust him 100%. His staff is delightful and so on the ball - totally wonderful all around. We love them all - they have certainly earned our trust and respect.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Have been a patient for 15 years. I would have changed if I didn't appreciate the honesty, quality service and medical knowledge. Dr Gill has been (and continues to be) a great family doctor. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Rude man. Might need to brush up on validity periods for medicals. Best to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I can understand if some people find him abrasive but I like the fact that Dr. Gill tells you how it is. He is more than happy to refer you to a specialist if he has any concerns and doesn't sugar coat it if the problem is serious. When you leave the surgery you know what he thinks the problem is, and you feel better for knowing. Also if he doesn't know, he'll tell you that as well.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015