Ratings for Dr. Charles D. Gerson

Wise, smart, experienced, kind, expert diagnostician, follows patient until they get better

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Gerson advertises himself as director of a Mind Body Digestive center. All he did for me was to write prescriptions which did nothing and send me to his daughter's hypnotherapy group which also did nothing. He ran no tests which , under the care of another more knowledgeable physician were called for, determined that I did not have IBS but a parasitic infection. Had Dr. Gerson sent me to a specialist for this, he would of course have lost me as a patient and thereby not collect from my insurance company. There is nothing Mind or Body from this center....it is a ripoff and I hope no other person searching for answers falls into their hands.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

Many years ago I was referred to this doctor. He didn't take my insurance so I called ahead to see if he was familiar with my diagnosis, an unusual one. He said he was and that he had treated it before. He told me, without being asked, that he understood that paying out of pocket would be difficult and he would take it easy on the fees. Wow, I thought, what a nice guy. When I got there, he told me that based on his instincts my diagnosis, a rheumatologic one, was wrong, my #1 ranked rheumatologist a phony, and that my cure lay with his social worker daughter who it just so happened was starting up a new practice across the street. If I wanted to get better, he said, I should open my wallet, and pay her for group therapy! My friend had the same experience. And to think I bothered to bring x-rays-he didn't even look at them. His diagnosis and treatment plan were determined before he met me, based on his daughter's financial needs.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2008

Dr. Charles D. Gerson's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1962)

GHI