Ratings for Dr. Leslie F. Seecoomar

Very nice, personable and available Dr. Easy to talk to, however I am not sure he's listening because I was misdiagnosed.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. S is a no-nonsense doctor, gets to the bottom of your condition and takes action. Very pleasant and knowledgeable. The appointments are quick, not a lot of waiting around like with most doctors.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

I went to Dr. Seecomer about 3 years ago for my first colonoscopy, and I was extremely pleased with his professionalism, knowledge, and bedside manner. He actually made the colonoscopy an okay experience, and I plan to schedule my next one with him, too.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Dr. S is amazing, my husband was referred to him by our GP and after having a rather alarming visit to a gastro doc in the past we were very nervous. Dr.S was warm, understanding and pro-active in getting to the bottom of my husbands condition. He even gave us a discount on a procedure as we do not have health insurance. We highly recommend him, he will take good care of you and he will also map out a treatment plan with you and help you stick to it!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

I love Dr. Seecoomar. I originally wento to him because I thought he was a woman by the name, but I was surprised (pleasently). He's friendly, bright, young, very intuative and always looking out for me. Now that I've been going to him for years, his staff fits me into his schedule. Our appointments always start with, "So, how ARE you?" I wish there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

I suppose he's competent enough -- though he sometimes thinks he knows things that he actually doesn't (e.g., he confidently declares which ingredients are in a medication or product, and then turns out to be wrong). Thus, he can be a know-it-all, and not in a good way. But the real problem with him is that he's overbearing, interrupts you frequently, and acts like you're wasting his time whenever you talk. Basically, he's not a good listener, and he doesn't really let you tell your story -- which, of course, is not conducive to good diagnosis or treatment. He also seems like he wants to solve your current problem ASAP and get you out of there, and not like he really cares about your overall health or the long-term trajectory of your condition. His staff can be nice, but they also seem somewhat terse and easily annoyed -- probably because they take their cues from him. Generally, I don't think a visit to his office is satisfying or promotes peace of mind regarding one's health.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Leslie F. Seecoomar's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1992)