Ratings for Dr. Pramil Tahlan

Dr. Tahlan is a very helpful and knowledgeable doctor who is smart with meds. Many meds have more than one use so if you have one disorder you may be put on something for another disorder because of properties of the med that may work for you. Believe me. I research everything my docs put me on. Dr. Tahlan was very careful about the one med she put me on and it has fit to a tee. I really needed something and she looked at my past and all factors and was able to fit me with something perfect for me. She is straightforward and sometimes tells you the hard stuff but that's because she cares. I understand this and I am glad for it. I respond best to this, she is also caring and compassionate when I need it. She is an amazing woman with a wonderful assistant in Elaine. They make an awesome team that has added to my health care in such a positive way.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

This doctor is much better than any of the other psychiatrists me and my father who suffers from bipolar have been to. She is very kind, makes you feel comfortable and at home. Knowledgeable and actually listened to me when I told her the pills I was on weren't helping rather than another doctor who kept upping the ones that didn't work. I am now doing much better thanks to Tahlan.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

About two months after I had a baby (gave her up for adoption) I went to see Dr. Tahlan. Upon entering the office she asked my husband and I to watch a few videos and then tell her which one most resembled my symptoms. I had told her about the baby, but all she wanted to know what which video fit best with me. It was bi-polar. I told her I didn't want to go on a certain medication because of weight gain and she suggested I lose weight (duh, if I could, I would). After going on a different medication (she assured me was not going to cause weight gain... Lie) I gained a ton of weight in a very short period of time. I felt worse, and she made me feel very bad for being bigger. She told me to watch a movie and that it would solve my problems. Lets just say I am currently not on any meds and am doing quite well. She also dismissed me from her practice because of lifestyle choices she didn't approve of. I believe to this day I was suffering from post-partum nothing more.

Submitted October 8, 2011

The negative comments here are of some other doctor! I've been treated by Dr. Tahlan, at first once a week, then a month, then a year, over more than ten years, for a permanent condition. I didn't go expecting to be given a 'cure,' but learned that she was a good listener, with occasional very practical advice about small things I could do to help myself. Her knowledge and ability to explain how medications work is extensive, and she's open to change if they don't work after a reasonable time. The only time I had to wait was when she was dealing with a suicidal patient in hospital. Her kindness and professional abilities helped me to manage my condition and actually be happy.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

This was my first time seeing this Doctor. I left there in tears in worse shape than when I went. She was so distracted with her cordless telephone, I felt very uncomfortable. I even stopped what I was saying waiting for her attention. Not Happy at All! Just another number I guess! What does a person have to do to get help?

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

I went to see Dr. Tahlan after being suggested to by a social worker who thought that I needed additional help then she could offer to me. I have had problems with self esteem and anxiety for the last 6 years and have been medicated in the past. After my last child was born 8 months ago it has gotten worse. To the point where I dont want to leave the house, and have been drinking alcohol frequently. I thought maybe it was post partum depression. I told Dr. Tahlan I really was afraid for my well being, I could feel myself getting worse and was becoming self destructive. THis Dr. told me to read some self help book and to change my thinking as it wasnt healthy for me and my marriage. That was it. I was shocked as she stood up and led me to the door. No return appointment and no suggestions other than the book. I honestly couldnt believe it. I work in health care and I know that I had enough red flags to be of concern. How many times do you have to ask for help to get any?

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr Tahlan is a very selfish person with a god complex. She refused to take me on as a patient because I wasn't happy with the medication I was put on by another psychiatrist before I moved to Woodstock. She treated me like I was wasting her time. I now have a wonderful psychiatrist who is interested in actually helping me, unlike Dr Tahlan.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

I showed up on time, watched a video, and sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes before she got to me! She was chatting with a friend who'd dropped by to see her... which is all fine and dandy, but when I have a newborn son at home waiting to be fed, I'd like to get to the point! I felt rushed through my appointment, and when I told her something specific about my past, she made me feel very belittled (not on purpose I'm sure, but still.) Then she gave me a stupid checklist, didn't tell me what to do with it, and told me to come back in TWO MONTHS. I figure, if I have a problem in this area that's brought me so far as to seek help with it, I expect to get help sooner than two months from now. When I got home, I threw out the checklist, and canceled my appointment. Personally, I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr Tahlan is a very compassionate and helpful individual. I was referred to her by my family physician who couldn't get rid of me quickly enough to another Dr as he didn't want to deal with pyschological issues. I met her at a time when my self esteem was at it's lowest and I was not participating in the real world effectively. She guided and counselled me to reach a point where I again feel in control and looking forward to the future. She and Elaine are a great combo.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Wow, I'm stunned at the negative reviews. I completely disagree, and I feel that Dr. Tahlan is a wonderful doctor, mother and boss. (to Elaine..who is just a peach!). I have never waited, my visits are a good length, and I have never been pushed pills, in fact, she helped me to get off some medications. I love her cat that curls up during the visit too! I find her to be extremely educated, albeit a bit quiet at times, I believe her mind is full of knowledge. In a years time she has brought me from the depths to a new reality. I would highly recommend her. Not to mention her great sense of humour!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008