Ratings for Dr. Rajesh K. Desai

I have hashimoto thyroid disease, and after no improvement with Synthroid, I began to research alternatives. I discovered Cytomel and approached Dr. Desai with this idea,along w/ supporting evidence of it's efficacy. He was receptive and allowed me to try it for nearly a year. Eventually, it stopped working so well for me along w/ Synthroid, and I suggested a natural dessicated thyroid, Armour Thyroid. He was hesitant at first, but again I presented the information and showed him I am an active part of my own care, and he prescribed it on a trial. It's been over a year now, and I feel the BEST I have in a long time. He still tweaks the dosage every once in a while, and I do lab work periodically, and an ultrasound each October... but he is the only dr. in the area I trust w/ my thyroid management. He takes the time to explain things, asks if there is anything I'd like to see improved, and ensures I understand what he is communicating (his accent is a little thick, however he is not difficult to understand).

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

The staff was very helpful in ensuring I was seen as quickly as possible and called to see if I could come in earlier than my scheduled appointment when the office had a cancellation. Dr. Desai took his time with me, was very thorough, had an excellent bedside manner, and made sure to answer all of my questions. He also explained his diagnostic process to me and the next steps we should take. I had an excellent experience with this physician and his office staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

My mother in law saw this guy. His bed side manner is terrible. She was being treated for a condition of the thyroid and was given synthroid. She couldnt handle 100mg and had a previous seizure at that dose. The doctor told her it was the only way and told her to find someone else. Guy shouldnt be a healer. PERIOD.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I worked for Dr Desai and he is the sweetest man I've ever met. He takes his time with each pt and follows up with them to make sure they are doing ok with routine bloodwork. Also he will even have the staff call if the blood results are good to let you know you are doing well. High recommend him to anyone. Nicest MD I've ever seen or met.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Excellent Doctor! He really takes his time with you and explains everything. He is very kind and patient as well. I would definately reccomend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Takes care of what bhe thiks is wrong if you have any other complaints he pushes them to the side . zI had a sinus infection thst he didn't wan to hear about . I had to go to a walk up clinic to be treated . It seems he doesn't want to treat the whole person . I would not reccomend him to any one May be good at what he does but not patient orented

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Very knowledgeable and listens to his patients. He really does care and really does want you to have the best health.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Very nice man and a great doctor. Listens to his patients and will take the time to answer any questions you have.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

Dr. Rajesh K. Desai's Credentials

• Univ Of Natal, Fac Of Med, Congella, So Africa (Grad. 1981)