Ratings for Dr. Gregory Ryan

I was referred to him from my team in Ottawa. He waited for me to get there and stayed another two hours beyond his closing time. He talked me through the entire process of what needed to be done and what the outcome could be. Very sincere. Thanks to him, my twins are alive and walking about the house. Our story isn't complete without him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

My pregnancy was complicated with Rh sensitization and I was referred to Dr. Ryan's team at Mt.Sinai. He was very understanding during each consultation and would patiently explain every question that my husband and I had. My husband and I were very happy with the way he handled my pregnancy and delivery. Being a doctor myself, after this experience, I would definitely recommend him for every pregnant mom.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

Having just returned with my daughter from this clinic, I am extremely confused by the different opinions and diagnosis. Everyone is on a different page there. Her first visit she was told she had to have the baby there in Toronto (a C-section). The last visit was her third visit and she was given a completely different response by Dr. Ryan. He said she could deliver her baby in Timmins, which is about an hour away from us. If the baby needed surgery it would be elective so he did not see the need for her to have her baby there in Toronto. Not five minutes later they call my daughter and tell her she needs to return to the clinic. When we do, she is then told it would be better if she had the baby in Toronto instead. There wasn't anything that had changed in five minutes. Everyone at this clinic has a different answer for everything. It all seems chaotic really. I understand if she has to go to Toronto to have this baby for a specific medical reason, but when they say he is growing perfectly in every way except for a ultrasound picture of a mild echogenic bowel, I have to wonder. He was the third doctor my daughter saw who had a completely different opinion. Very strange considering they work together and I would assume they discuss their cases amongst themselves. Hoping for a good outcome and way too much confusion at this clinic.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

Three years ago my wife and I travelled to Toronto immediately after seeing a specialist in Ottawa who diagnosed our unborn daughters with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. We were told to make it by 5pm. Due to severe snow storms we were about an hour late. However Dr Ryan and wonderful nurse Colleen stayed late to meet us and start examining my wife. He gave us every possible scenario and option and broke down everything to a level we could understand. The next day my wife had an in-utero surgery with one of Dr Ryan’s colleagues as he was attending a conference that day. However, when his colleague was absent the morning of the procedure, Dr Ryan left his conference and began scrubbing in. Our scheduled Dr did end up showing up allowing Dr Ryan to re-attend his conference. It showed an incredible dedication to his patients and I don’t think I’ll ever forget our stressful yet incredible experience at Mount Sinai thanks to Dr Ryan. The whole procedure was a hit and we have two healthy toddlers today thanks to Dr Ryan and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Dr. Ryan is an incredible physician and kind human. He spent plenty of time with myself and my husband to discuss treatment options. He is very thorough and practices evidence-based medicine. He will go above and beyond his duties. We need physician like him in Canada. At Mount Sinai, from nurses to fellows to Obstetricians to Head of the department, everyone is helpful and supportive. Well done!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

The best doctor we met, we thanks him so much, from RAHIM family

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

He is very good doctor . He helped me to become a mother again . I don't forget that,he was very nicely with me and all his groups were a good. I live in Edmonton Alberta I did 4 times the blood transfusions for my baby when I was 34 weeks pregnant. Now I have new baby a good health . Thanks so much Dr.Ryan and his group

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Ryan ia a one of a kind doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and careful in his diagnosis. We are having twins and o e of them has an inefficient placenta. He is monitoring us every few days and is on top of everything. The team at the Fetal medical unit at Mt. Sinai is amazing, the nurses are helpful and kind, the fellows are thorough and all the other drs are so knowledgeable. If you need to, you want to be here. This is the best unit in Canada ans one of the best in the world.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Ryan is an incredible human. He knew right away what was wrong with our baby girl and throughout the month or so we dealt with him he always kept us informed, made sure we had all the knowledge we needed to understand her condition and what treatment options we had. He is gentle and caring. He made us feel completely comfortable in all our decisions. We always felt safe in his care.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016