Ratings for Dr. Fred Kimmelstiel

This office is only interested in getting their fees. They are not particularly interested in you, the patient. Dr Kimmelstiel is a competent surgeon but needs to get a staff that seems to feel that the customer's needs are fulfilled before asking for a check. They don't take credit cards.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

This guy is great for the initial surgery, but god help you if you have ANY complications afterwards. He will just tell you "everything is great." Three months after my initial surgery, I have still not recovered. He did no prep work before my umbilical hernia surgery (used the wrong method), then was nonchalant when I came in later with an infection. Instead of sending me to an infectious diseases doctor, he put me on antibiotics that did nothing for me. I had to be admitted to the ER twice (the entire area around my wound was red, numb and as hard as wood) and throughout the whole ordeal, he kept telling me that everything was "fine." After my second surgery his "brilliant" team of ass-kissing nurses and residents attached a wound vac to my wound, but turns out they were as competent as he was: I had to return to the ER TWICE (in the middle of the night) the same day I was released from the hospital because the idiots at the hospital did not know how to properly install the vac!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr Kimmelstiel is Best with a capital B to the 100th power. This man is competent and versed in his field and has performed two surgeries on me. I have absolutely no fear when I'm in his care. Words can't explain how proud I am to call him my surgeon. He is what every doctor should be, ANGELIC!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Charming, kind-- the kind of doctor who puts you at ease and makes you feel like you're in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Fred Kimmelstiel's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1980)

• Blue Cross Of California