Ratings for Dr. Oswaldo Cristobal Ramirez

Amazing doctor who saved my daughter's life. Thank you so much - so dissapointed with the nasty remarks here. only wish people could be more open minded.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

i rated only OK for staff nd punctuality because he is no longer in regular practice..... I DO NOT understand or agree with what others are saying. this is the best doctor anyone could ever hope to see. I was his patient until he left his practice for a position at Stevenson Memorial Hospital. Losing this Dr. was the worse thing that happened to me since having to stop working 12 years ago. I pray for him to return to private practice. I'm certain there are many many more people wishing this also. I used to love going to see him . he treats people with such dignity and respect - i have not seen anywhere in any area of life, period. he knows his S**T/ I was able to get back to work and life just because of him and the care he provided - I'm certain if you were to ask any of his patients who had to accept his replacement doctor - - they would only be able to say that they too are truly sorry to have lost him as their doctor. I doubt I will ever find another doctor who will treat me as a person with a legitimate ailment - or who will treat me as a human being. THIS DOCTOR GETS 6 STARS OUT OF 5 ****** DG

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

He has been very helpful to many people I know in Alliston, coming on here and blasting him after an article is released is completely unfair for someone who has been so helpful to so many, myself included over the years. I go to Doctor Ramirez as does my family and we will continue to do so! I highly recommend him and would not stop based on one frustrated moment.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Completely dissatisfied with Dr. Ramirez. Misdiagnosis, lack of punctuality, missed appointments and general lack of care for me as a patient.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I am a community nurse. I see many many patients who have seen this Dr. ALL of them have been positive about their services, most saw him through emergency. It's likely a problem that can be scheduled in an appointment is one that can often be self managed with some direction. Gone are the olden days of being baby'd. It appears many criticisms of Dr s may be suggestive of this type of "lack of care". Please educate yourself and get with the realities of health care. If this is too daunting, befriend someone who can help you. The Dr and Nurse are there to resolve real issues.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Ramirez did part of his internship in a small rural hospital in Cape Breton 14 yrs. ago and unfortunately he came back to visit and do a locum back here in the past month. He stayed at a luxury hotel and got his lodging paid for for him and his family. I went in and to the emergency department that he was covering in at 10:00pm and was having a heart attack and he wouldn't come in to see me. The nurses were very upset. I didn't See a doctor until the next day when the replacement Doctor came in 14 hours after my original admittance into hospital...very poor Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I "fired" Dr. Ramirez about three years ago after experiencing poor record keeping,lack of follow-up to specialist test results, misdiagnoses on a referral letter to a surgeon and consecutive cancelled appointments. His office staff is also poor ignoring several requests from the surgeon for a copy of my test results. Annual physicals were cursory and did not include the all important digital prostate examination. Best thing I ever did was ask my previous GP in Toronto to take me back as a patient. Heard recently that Ramirez is now Chief of Staff at Stephenson and no longer seeing patients at the Windsor Health Clinic. His patients should consider themselves lucky. I also withdrew from the E-Health program as I did not want the misdiagnoses and misinformation on record and available to others.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Incredible! He is the first doctor who makes me want to return to his office and he makes me feel incredibly comfortable.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Dr.Ramirez was willing to take on ALL of the transplant patients when his colleagues refused to take ANY. It was a learning curve for him and he met the challenge head-on. If I have a complaint, its that everyone wants to see him so he is very, very busy! His staff could be more helpful when trying to fit us all in!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

I am ot sure what some of you people are talking about. Yes, having to wait to see any Doctor, anywhere is a fact of life. They aren't going to leave previous appointment half way through it because you are waiting for him. His time is as important as yours as well as the other patients. We are lucky to have a Doctor of his caliber come to our area!I and my family have been seeing him since he started his practice here. Yes our waiting time has gone from a few days to possibly a week since he began, but think about what it was like before him.If it is that important then you can always go to the hospital. having to refer to a computer to look up your records? you sound offended?? Think you could remember every ailment of all your patients... Give me a break! He has treated everyone one in our family, Emergency or routinely whenever asked except on well deserved vacations, which very competent staffing has always been there to fulfil his role.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011