Dr. Clifford Stark

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Clifford Stark

Dr. Clifford Stark has been my primary care provider (pcp) for almost ten years. You will not find a more caring, knowledgeable and dedicated physician. Dr. Stark is double board-certified in family medicine and sports medicine. It is incredibly convenient to have a doctor who can address both medical issues and sports-related injuries. Dr. Stark shares his knowledge of sports medicine by having medical residents and fellows rotate at his practice in Chelsea. The staff at Dr. Stark's office are professionals of the highest order. My medical insurance plan requires that I receive a referral from my pcp before I can consult with a medical specialist. Whenever I have needed to see a specialist, Dr. Stark's staff promptly completed the necessary form, faxed it to the specialist's office and sent me a copy of the referral. Twice due to an urgent health issue, I recall having called Dr. Stark's office after office hours. Each time Dr. Stark immediately called me back, spoke to me and prescribed a medication. He then called in the prescription to my pharmacy. I have referred colleagues, family and friends to Dr. Stark and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

don't waste your time and money going to this office, all the doctors here do not consider listening to you in the slightest.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

listens carefully to explanation of concerns,very sincere, concerned, thorough and realistic

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Going to see Dr. Stark was a wonderful change from my previous visits to doctors. He was very patient with me and didn't just give me an antibiotic and send me on my way. He did offer to that, but took the time to think what could really be going on with me. I also went to him for a PRP treatment for my back because after doing a lot of research, he was one of the very few in the area to do such a treatment. He sat down with me and talked all about the procedure and if I would be candidate. Definitely wasn't there just to take my money. I'm so happy I finally found a primary and sports medicine doctor all in one office. He's wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

as a gp/pcp, i don't like him. he often seems more interested in entering my symptoms into his computer than hearing what i have to say. and all too often he takes a "let's wait and see" approach rather than actually helping me. when i went in with the flu, he told me it was just a bad cold, even though i told him "i have never felt so sick in my entire life." BUT if you want a pcp who is also a sports medicine specialist, he's not a bad choice. he will suggest exercises for you on the spot and even do some manual treatment if you can't afford physical therapy. he also performs and/or recommends alternative therapies (prolotherapy, acupuncture), which i really appreciate.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

Dr. Clifford Stark's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

"Dr. Clifford Stark is a board certified physician with dual certification in both sports medicine and primary care. He is currently a member of the teaching faculty at NYU Langone Medical Center, having been on faculty at Columbia University/New York Presbyterian Hospital as the Director of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics for the family medicine residency for 6 years. Dr. Stark currently serves as a team physician for various national organizations including USA Gymnastics, and has treated many world-class athletes at facilities across the nation, including the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Dr. Stark himself was a competitive tennis player and teaching professional around the nation for more than 10 years, so he also has a first- hand experience of athletic participation at all levels. Dr. Stark is one of only a select few physicians in the nation (and merely a handful in NY) specifically trained in primary care sports medicine, along with further specialization in state-of-the-art nonsurgical treatments for musculoskeletal injuries, such as prolotherapy, PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections, and osteopathic manipulation."

• Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences