Ratings for Dr. Rita Affleck

Visited Dr Affleck in emerge, her service was terrible. She has no bedside manner or compassion for her patients. She gave me my rx without even telling me what she was treating or what was wrong with me. I had to ask the nurse afterwards.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I hope the intern you had durring my visit doesn't develop your character traits. Very rude, prescribed wrong medication 3 times and on vacation 3/4ths of the year, I wouldn't recomend her to my enemies.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I took my husband in to emergency after him having been sick for over a week, he was passing blood, was very week. Dr. Affleck actually refused to come in and ordered some blood work over the phone. We refused and said we wanted to see her i person, she refused. The next week my husband was in very critical condition n spent 2 weeks in hospital. This could have been prevented. And she got paid I'm sure for being on call even though she treated several patients over the telephone. How many people need to get sicker or even worst die before something is done bout this doctor. Her Husband is also a doctor but totally different then her, he is caring and takes his job seriously.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

*i am so upset i moved away from cochrane and would go back to see her once a year ,i was asked to remove myself from her roster only to find myself trapped in a void i cant use walk=in clinics as they say i am double dr ing ...today i am in so much pain ..left only with the option of going to emergence,witch is a given 6-8 hour wait time here i'm never in my life seen such incompetence nor have i ever met a secretary as rude as hers ,very unprofessional ,i am today in need and left to suffer ...vacations cause lapses in meds refills i was off a major heart pill for 6 weeks during the xmas /new years season way to go ..... she is always on vacation as her husband is a doctor in the same office witch a lot of people don't realise as they have kept there own surnames....what a night mare .and it true the waiting time is long even if you have a appointment for a certain time.very displease worst doctor i every had!!!!!!!!!....and the secretaries a **** who acts like this is her office

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

After waiting 8 weeks, I was sent home at the time of my appointment told to return again at 1pm. I did so, was told I would get in right at 1...not so, i waited til almost 2pm, then to wait again til 2:30, nurse stuck her head in the room and was surprised to see I was still there. Dr Affleck then walked in at 3. Now I am fed up with the bs, the waiting and very sore and tired. I was not very nice and didn't speak nicely, I said what was exactly on my mind. She then walked out, handed me my script around the door never to see me again. She had no apology, only said it was her fault, and I lashed back saying it sure the f wasn't my fault she is never on time or never here. We wait 8 weeks to get in, get sent home and usually told she is not in town, and have to wait again another 4-8 weeks again. Well, I am now seeking out a new doctor, hopefully that will be soon. Only thing I have left to say is either look after your patients or stay on holidays permanently!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

My husband had her as a doctor and nothing was done for his heart when we moved south we have a great doctor but unfortunatly it was too late for him for his heart they can't do anything except keep a good watch on his activity Dr Affleck was never there whenhe needed to see her ,best move we ever made is to come down south at least here they tried,as for the receptionist she is rude and she thinks she is the doctor she shoul have been fired a long time ago.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

I was a patient of Dr Affleck for many years, as doctors in Cochrane are hard to come by. My concerns were ignored/brushed off. I often left her office in tears. The last time being the worst, when I was flat out told I was faking and to just get out there and push myself to live like everyone else, regardless of how I felt. She also said I suffered from depression from being in a new relationship. At this point I had been married for 3 years, hardly a new relationship! I had suffered headaches, temporary recurring paralysis and cognitive difficulty for years which made my life unbearable and down-right impossible. I moved to the Ottawa area and soon after got my diagnosis. I have Narcolepsy/Cataplexy. I am finally being treated for what is wrong and life is a little easier. I tried to get my medical records sent to my new doctor. Much to my shock they are MISSING! So are the records for my 4 children! She lets people suffer that need her. She should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

The last two reviews have to be entirely false. They definitely came from the office of Dr.Affleck. The first two reviews are on point. I've had many discussions with people about her office and the way she treats her patients. It's impossible to find a doctor in Cochrane, so if she is your family doctor, you are stuck. But good luck getting an appointment because it seems as though she is always on vacation. When you do get the chance to see her, for a whopping 5 minutes after waiting 2 hours, she'll prescribe some name brand meds and send you out the door with no follow up. I don't trust the receptionists that work there- they probably wrote those reviews. I don't trust her office with my information or my health. Worst doctor ever!?

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

As a financial planner I must take my clients needs first. Ms. Affleck, in my opinion, continuously puts her professional interests ahead of the welfare of her clients. She is slow and out of compliance with her College in providing information to insurance companies for the proper adjudication of an application or claim thereby subjecting my clients to substantial risk in getting them properly insurerd. Furthermore, she often calls them in for an unnecessary appointment when further medical information is required -- whether it is to generate billing as alluded by another poster -- or is out of genuine concern for our mutual client is unknown. Medical reports for insurers are to be done with the most recent information available. To call a client in for a check up when none is required is the same as going on a fishing expedition to find something wrong with our client to get them declined for insurance for no reason, doing no one any good.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Rita has kept patients under her care to probably maintain their billing, rather than to refer to specialists. Also has prescribed medication that does exactly the opposite to what they require, as verified by a specialist.Took three months to get patient referred to specialist, and the assistance of three other professionals. Also away every week it seems.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009