Ratings for Dr. Ari Giligson

I can't believe the current reviews! I've been going to do giligson for a few years now and every time I go, he is very polite and caring. I'd recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Very rude and arrogant man. I have no idea how ANYONE could possibly work with (or stand to have a conversation with) such a lunatic. Walks in with his ridiculous looking mustache and smug look on his face, and talks down to you. Started to mock my optometrist's intelligence and insist that "its my fault for seeing an optometrist". Here's to hoping this guy gets some FRIENDS so he can develop some social skills and learn how to talk to people. Give me a break, I was referred to a different doctor in Vancouver, and she was kind, and diagnosed me accurately. Hmmm...... maybe you should learn to do that as well?

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I have never felt so denigrated by a physician ever. The man is as cold as a fish, arrogant in the extreme and made it obvious that he would rather not be treating me. He actually sneered at me and curled his lip when I told him that I did not have a regular GP but used a clinic. I would not trust him to perform surgery on my dog let alone myself. His bedside manner simply does not exist. His staff were friendly and nice but I don't know how they stand to work with him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Extremely rude, arrogant, and he was in such a rush. He literally saw me for 5 minutes. And yes, he made condescending jokes about my optometrist by saying things like "that's what you get for seeing an optometrist." Not a pleasant man!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Jf you are seeking a surly, moody rude bonehead to look at your eyes, he's your guy! Saw him 3 times and each visit was worse than the last. The first time he simply seemed to be in a hurry. The next two he got more and more obnoxious. Never going back.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I found him to be very unprofessional and did not know what he was talking about. I typically see an optometrist regularly but was sent to Dr. Giligson by my family doctor. He told me to use drops for my eye condition and mocked my regular eye doctor right in front of me, he boasted about how he knows more than her. I found this to be extremely unprofessional. A week later, my eye was not any better. I went to see my regular optometrist and she placed me on different drops that resolved my issue within 2 days. Dr. Giligson should take a serious hard look at how he presents himself to patients. Boasting about how much you know and putting other professionals down is bad enough on its own....even worse when you actually didn't know what you were doing. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Also has a revolving door of patients, he saw me for merely 5 minutes after I spent 45 in his wait room.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I went with my parents for the first time to see Dr. Gilligson. I was ver shocked how he was speaking to my parents. He spoke in a very rude, hard tone and Unprofessional manner. He did not have to raise his voice To my parents who are senior age. No patience at all. You just need extra patience handling senior people. He put a bad damper on all of us. I couldn't believe it. His staff were very nice, but as for him. I was shock how he was speaking to all of us. People like him shouldn't be in this profession if you can't consistently be professional with patience. We need more kinder Dr in this world. Ugh!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Not impressed at all! Will never go back to Dr. Gilligson. He made me feel like I had no idea where my eyes were. Took a 2 minutes to perform my diabetic eye exam. No details, no discussions, no explanations.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Abrupt phone receptionist. Barely let you finish you sentence.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Ratings for Courtesy to staff= 0=ZERO (he unnecessarily chewed out a receptionist in front of a FULL reception room!) DR's ARROGANCE level appears to be testing the upper limits of any reasonable " Arrogance scale"!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014