Ratings for Dr. Christopher Irobunda

Sent me home! I was on the verge of a heart attack! Dismissive of women - it's known that women have a variety of heart distress symptoms. : nausea, back pain, numbness, breathlessness, tired/ sleepy, anxiety.; plus father d. of heart attack (he dismissed heredity from father/ male to daughter, despite that I have my father's physiology). Irabunda said it was musculoskeletal, and I should see a gastroenterologist. Lucky for me, I had a good old-fashioned internist who listened, and sent me for a nuclear stress test. I flunked. Big time. I was on the verge of a heart attack or stroke!! - Irobunda had the audacity to schedule himself to do the life-saving surgery , after he got those test results - a test that, clearly, he should have prescribed, weeks before. If you're a woman, definitely find another cardiologist !!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I had an angiogram with Dr Irobunda, followed up with a bypass surgery, his knowledge concern and involvement in care was top class, I should know being a cardiac surgeon and preformed more then 10000 open hearts , and mind you I do not live in US and this was an urgent situation , support from doctor to the family in alien environment can not be described in words,

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

My husband had quadruple bypass surgery at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. The surgeon and the level of care he received at the hospital were amazing. Unfortunately, he was then referred to Dr. Irobunda. Dr. Irobunda decided he did not want to be bothered having my husband as a patient. He did nothing to help him with the severe edema he had as a result of the surgery and examined him once in an extremely perfunctory manner. When my husband had a follow-up appointment with him, the good doctor decided he did not want to deal with him and literally turned his back on him and walked away! If my husband had not been able to find a caring cardiologist in a different hospital, I do not know if he would have made it. Stay away from Doctor Ego Trip.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of meeting the doctor in 2005 and he took the time to explain to us what was going on with my ex-husband. He is very thorough and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Irobunda was excellent and conducted a procedure that I was really worried about. He was skillful,caareful, and so reassuring. He was on time and so supportive. He is not my Cardiologist but I may transfer to him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

It shocks me to see what was written about Dr. Irobunda. He is one of the most competent, knowledgable doctors I have ever met. His skills as an interventionist are incredible.He is caring and makes you feel totally at ease at all times. I would highly recommend him. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I saw this doctor once the entire time my family member was in the hospital. It is my personal opinion that he lacked professionalism. He was too busy to be bothered. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone seeking cardiac care at NYP hospital.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Dr. Christopher Irobunda's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1996)