Dr. Alexander Tran

5 1 4.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Alexander Tran

Dr. Alexander Tran's Ratings

I have been seeing both Dr. Tran and Philipe for some time and am amazed with the results. I have osteorarthritis in my left knee and neck as well as fibromyalgia . I have been told by specialists that the only thing available to me now is stronger medication as well as cortozone shots. I have tried the shots and found them to be very painful and they didn't last. The day before I was scheduled for a cortozone shot (which took me six months before I could get an appointment), I was encouraged by a work colleague to see Dr. Tran to see what he could do (I had nothing to lose). Best decision I've ever made, Dr. Tran was able to confirm things that I've been experiencing before I had a chance to open my mouth. Dr. Tran should be acknowledged for what he does for the community. I recommend New Acupuncture to anyone dealing with a chronic illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2015

I started seeing Tran about 10 years ago with hypothyroidism. I had decided not to medicate, and first tried another conventional acupuncturist, who gave a quick fix cure (after about 6 sessions, with lots of needles to the thyroid area) followed, when I stopped treatment, by a rapid failure of my thyroid to produce any hormones. My doctor told me I NEEDED to start meds immediately. Instead, I started with Dr. Trans acupuncture treatments. Of course he diagnosed me before I said a word to him and told me I needed 4 months of treatments. After 2 months, and not seeing any really strong results, I questioned him about when I could expect to see results, whereupon he asked me to get a refund for all my treatments and not to come back. I told him that wasn't what I wanted and he told me I needed to be patient. Well I am SO glad I stuck in there, as my thyroid condition is now gone, and in addition, I found my anxiety attacks I'd had all my life disappeared. His treatment involved NO needles to my thyroid area - he works more by balancing the bodies systems so that THEY CAN HEAL THEMSELVES. He is truly phenomenal, with his ability to diagnose without doing tests (but he will ask for tests to be done by your physician to see some detail - he is in fact a trained medical doctor whose Vietnamese medical degree is not 'valid' here in Canada. I go to him regularly for a 'tune-up' (a short 1.5 month series of treatments)- especially as I go off his no-cheese, no dairy, no beef diet when I'm not seeing him. The tune-ups are amazing - like a tonic - and for those in menopause, a great way to get rid of hot flashes. I had been planning to do a fall tune-up this year and was horrified to find out his clinic has been closed by people who don't know any better - this is an ENORMOUS LOSS for any people who have been told by their own physicians that their medical conditions (ie cancer, chronic pain, etc) are untreatable. And the reason for the closure? Did anyone die?? NOOOO! OMG there was some expired alcohol. (alcohol doesn't really expire, but the pharmaceuticals want you to buy fresh stuff so they keep raking in the $$), and OMG a needle fell out and wasn't picked up right away. Some really pathetic reasons to close a clinic that has been saving lives or making people healthy for decades. I've certainly NEVER seen any hygene problems there - I personally feel this is a witch hunt.
Dr. Tran, Philip, Rosey, thank-you for all your services - I am sure (and hoping!) you will rise like a phoenix to continue helping people who need you, in spite of those can't see past the little nothing issues their little minds deem so all important

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2898939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

Over the past 20 years Alexander Tran (and more recently Phillip Tran) has helped me recover from thyroid disease, fibromyalgia, torn knee and neck ligaments, and fibroids. When I had no hope for recovery after an accident, Alexander Tran offered me real hope and healing. The community based practice offers a support network for patients. I have witnessed the recovery of many patients there over the years, from conditions/ illness such as breast cancer, developmental injuries, gangrene, diabetes, car accident injuries, stroke, spine disc injuries, infertility, etc. I recommend New Acupuncture to anyone dealing with chronic illness. The clinic has long had a reputation in Ottawa as the best, and people come from all over North America to be treated by Alexander Tran. The clinic is cleaned thoroughly daily, and feels comfortable and clean.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

Alexander Tran and Phillip Tran at New Acupuncture Clinic in Ottawa have a reputation throughout the city as being "the best". I first visited the clinic in 2013 after a diagnosis of stage four colon cancer. After several surgeries I suffered from GI and digestion issues, nerve pain in my extremities, hot flashes and night sweats, insomnia and anxiety. Interestingly, Alexander Tran also thougth I had thyroid issues. I told said to him "Gosh, I sure hope not". The very next CT scan revealed that yes, indeed, I DID have an enlarged thyroid. I am always amazed at his intuitive ability to diagnose ailments. I still have cancer, but all of those nasty side effects of treatment have vanished and I am enjoying an excellent, pain-free, quality of life. I would highly recommend New Acupuncture Clinic to ANY cancer patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2892471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Tran is a wonderful man and takes care of many members in my family. He has saved a life with his diagnosis when three other doctors claimed it was something else. Dr, Tran was right. He is very sanitary and very professional and very kind. thank you.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2886665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

Outstanding and Highly Professionalism goes for Dr. Tran and Phillip.

I’ve been receiving treatments for over ten years with total satisfaction and had experienced full improvements.

Office is vacuumed daily at the end of the day, which is: Upstairs, Downstairs, Staircase and Washrooms.

Yes , Both washrooms are cleaned daily with gloves.
Yes, Both washrooms are supplied daily with soap, toilet paper and hand paper.

YES, they are wearing gloves.

Never and Ever seen a Bug.

Five Stars All The Way.

Thank You so much for your great services Dr. Tran and Phillip..

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2885840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I have been seeing doctor Tran for over a year now. He is a beacon of hope for all the people there. Through this time, I've witnessed firsthand people getting better. Cured of various ailments, minor to serious. Including myself. I would be dead if it were not for Dr. Tran. I cannot believe he has been closed down! We need to sign the petition and let our government officials know all the good Dr.Tran does for our community. And the health care dollars he ultimately saves the tax payer.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2884433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Étant une patiente du Dr. Tran depuis un peu plus de 7 ans, j'ai été outrager de lire les accusations porté contre lui.
Pour ma part je ne peux que témoigner de l'aide et des excellents soins prodiguer par le Dr. Tran.
Alors que les médecins me disaient qu'ils ne pouvaient plus rien pour moi concernant la conception d'un enfant après deux invitro, je dois la vie de ma merveilleuse petite Florence au Dr. Tran.
Suite à mon accouchement j'ai eu plusieurs complications c'est encore Dr. Tran qui m'a aidé.
Dernièrement, j'ai appris que la souffrance dont je fait l'objet est dû à de l'arthrose très avancé pour mon âge. Alors que les médecins me disent qu'il n'y a rien à faire, Dr. Tran arrive à soulager ma douleur de façon à ce que je puisse fonctionné dans mon quotidien sans prendre une armée de médicament entraînant effet secondaire par dessus effets secondaire.
C'est mon choix de traitement, j'ai essayer d'autre acuponcteur mais ça aucun traitement n'a fonctionné avant Dr. Tran. Nous sommes dans une société libre et démocratique et j'ai le droit de décider pour moi-même ce que je juge bon pour ma santé. Je suis adulte, lucide, intelligente et assez responsable pour m'apercevoir si un lieu et des soins sont inadéquat.
J'ai confiance en son jugement et je n'ai jamais été témoin des faits faisant l'objet de la fermeture de la clinique. Personne n'est contraint à aller se faire soigner dans sa clinique. Nous y sommes tous sur une base volontaire. J'ai besoin du Dr. Tran puisque les médecins ne peuvent rien pour moi.
Je vous demande de cesser votre harcèlement à son endroit et de laisser travailler la seule personne qui réussi a m'aider.
Dr. Tran est un homme bon et généreux qui aide son prochain sans égard à sa nationalité, son sexe, sa couleur de peau ou son rang social. C'est un être noble de par sa grande humilité, sa simplicité et son immense basin de connaissance pour lequel il n'est pas havar de partage.
Alors que les médecins avaient abandonné tous espoir d'aider ma belle-mère avec le cancer qui l'accablait, Dr. Tran lui a littéralement sauvé la vie.
Vous vous acharnez sur quelqu'un qui fait énormément de bien autour de lui. En continuant sur votre lancer, vous privez énormément de personnes de soins nécessaire à leur santé. N'est-ce pas contraire à vos engagements ?
Il est malheureux que dans notre société capitaliste dirigé par les multinationales de l'industrie pharmaceutique, le serment d'hypocrate soit devenu le serment des hypocrites.n

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2883641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Tran off and on since 1988. He is an incredible Dr. We need more men like him in medicine.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2883016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Dr.Tran is knowledgeable, excellent at what he does. Went to him several months over the winter of 2014 and 2015. I fell one hundred percent better than I have in years. Not once did I see needles mishandled, as for the assistant she does remove needles certainly did NOT see dirty hands.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2882878].votes_count ]]