Ratings for Dr. Martin J. Kurtz

Straight shooter, tells you like it is. Does not over medicate.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Kurtz has been my doctor for over 20 years, since childhood. I have to say, he's been an excellent doctor, and I agree with all the good comments people have made on here! The only problem is that when you call, it takes a long time to get through, and his older receptionist is terrible to deal with. I've moved to Toronto but I still keep coming to see Dr. Kurtz. I dread the day he retires as I do not know if I'd ever be able to find anyone as awesome as him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He is the best he was my physcian since birth, what impressed me most is that I didn't go to see him for so long between my busy schedule and distance it was very hard, but my family was and he asked why i havent been there for a while, he is strict and doesn't like to banter but he can recall all major details with you and that's what makes him great his attention to detail and not the bull!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr Kurtz is the most professional and empathetic Doctor I have had experience with in my 50+ years, I have never waited more than 10 minutes past my appt and can usually get in to see him same day or next. always gives an honest opinion and doesn't pull the punches. Thanks for everything you have done for me and my son

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Kurtz since I was 10. Now 13 years later, he is by far the best doctor I've ever had the pleasure of being treated by. Even after moving from Pickering to Toronto, I always found myself coming back to Dr Kurtz for a follow up appointment. He is very thorough in checking you, even if it's for something as simple as a cold. He will explain everything in detail as well as layman terms from as far as what the issue is, why/how it could've happened to how to treat it. When regarding treatments, he's not quick to send you home with antibiotics as most doctors are. He truly cares and provides you with several options available to curing yourself. He is slightly old school in his methods, however I trust him more than the fancy gadgets and machines available these days. He's very kind, has a dry sense of humour, and truly cares and ensures he is due dilligent. The wait times are reasonable and I've only ever had to wait a maximum of 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment. The staff are kind however whilst booking an appointment you can sometimes sense annoyance on their end. As well as booking an appointment with Dr Kurtz can be trying as he is usually fully booked. All of this being said, I dread the day a doctor like himself will ever retire as I do not know if I'd ever be able to find anyone as wonderful as him. I wish everyone had the opportunity to have a Doctor as wonderful as mine.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

our doctor since he moved to pickering, recently took on our elderly parents when their doctor retired without any hesitation; this was a great relief as we heard now difficult it is to find a doctor for the elderly. Dr. Kurtz is direct; he talks to you ; he explains options in a language that you understand; we are lucky to have such a wonderful person as our doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Doctor Kurtz is awesome but his older receptionist is outright rude. I hate interacting with her. Get ready for this monster when you get there.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Doctor Kurtz is very good at explaining things to you and he will give you treatment options and let you make choices. He also follows up on his patients very well. At times he can be a little difficult to talk to but he is very old school and wants you to simply say exactly what you're symptoms are--keep it concise without vague comments on how you're feeling. This is how he keeps his appointments on time--you rarely have to wait more than ten minutes to see him. But what is with his receptionist!!?? The older woman at the desk is soooo unfriendly and completely unapproachable. She always makes me feel like I'm being a bother to her and on the phone she can be downright rude--if you can even get someone to answer the phone--I usually have to call multiple times before getting an answer. I actually dread calling the office to make an appointment because this woman is so unpleasant.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I have been Dr Kurtz's patient ever since he moved to Pickering about 10 years ago. He is very helpful, listens to your troubles, and very politely and assuredly treats you. He is never in a hurry and answers to all your concerns. Like everybody else I would not want him to retire soon, I need you Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

I went in there 5 times for an issue...I told him what I thought it was and he told me I was crazy and theres no possible way that what I thought I had, is in fact what I had. After 4 ultrasounds in 2 years, a CT scan and a trip to the surgeon it turns out...I WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME. Hes a good doctor, but I wish he would take younger patients more seriously. Just because I'm young doesnt mean there's nothing wrong with me.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013