Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Gaglio

My father received Harvoni and treatment for Hep C from Dr. Gaglio. Negligence doesn't even begin to describe how Gaglio treated my father who died in February. We had no idea how sick my father was because Gaglio allowed my father to take the wrong type of MRI for a year, one which did not show that that 60% of his liver was occupied by a tumor. The MRI Gaglio let my father take showed a "non-cancerous mass", as Gaglio described it. When my father started experiencing symptoms of end end stage cirrhosis and liver cancer, Gaglio prescribed him a laxative, making no mention that these symptoms were signs of advance stage liver disease. I googled his symptoms and it was clear that these issues were edema and acities, not constipation, as Gaglio assured us. My family and I were in the emergency room trying to secure a hospital room as our father's health rapidly declined. During this excruciatingly painful and confusing time Dr Gaglio was Extremely difficult to reach. we bounced around in the emergency room after the laxative he prescibed made the symptoms unbearable. We had no idea what was going on with my father's health. My father ended up spending a week in the hospital to rehab his kidneys which had gotten so bad due to Gaglio's negligence. My father should have been admitted to the hospital immediately, not given a laxative. At the hospital we finally had the correct MRI and it became clear he had liver cancer. Gaglio was absent and could hardly be reached during this time. My father died two weeks after this whole debacle, spending his birthday and third to last day alive schlepping the an hour drive up to Gaglio's office to take a five minute test to check his oxygen. We thought he would have his fluid drained. While at Gaglio's office he didn't even give him a blood test to see that my father was in awful shape, he just sent him home. My father could barely get up the stairs when we got home from that trip. It turns out that at this time my father's organs where shutting down and he was actively dying, not that Gaglio had the wisdom/care to notice. I strongly discourage anyone from using Gaglio as a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr.Gaglio treated me several years ago at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans,LA. He is an excellent doctor and a very nice person. Thanks to him I am alive today and very healthy. :)

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

extremely patient, and confident.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

Dr. Paul J. Gaglio's Credentials

• Russian

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1988)