Ratings for Dr. Vinita E. Jacob

Dr. Jacobs is incredible; her staff is absolutely unbearable. I could have started my medication a week ago, but the staff’s incompetency has barred me from filling my prescription. I was recommended to Dr. Jacobs by two mutually exclusive people with Chron’s and do nothing but sing her praises. I could not agree more. Dr. Jacobs is so smart, understanding and generally caring about these issues that are sometimes very hard to discuss. 100% lives up to the Weill Cornell name. BUT, that said, the front staff has become so unbearable, that I am afraid, with much concern and regret, will have to change doctors. My first time in the office was ok, I did have to wait 5-7 minutes for a secretary to even come out and check me in, but this isn't uncommon and I didn't think anything of it. (But I now know this is baseline practice here.) My second time was when things started getting frustrating. First off, the staff does not seem to care or be concerned about anyone's issues. After I had waited my 5ish minutes to check in, I sat in the waiting area watching them ask loud questions to patients who were visibly embarrassed and trying to keep their voices down. I continued to witness this while being administered a breath test and then once completed I was told I could go. Originally I thought I would meet with Dr. Jacobs regarding the results, but the secretary said that she was on vacation. (Odd that I wasn’t told ahead of time about this.) I asked when she would return and the secretary literally said, “I do not know. I should know this (laughs) but I do not.” I stared blankly because I was kind of shocked. She then asked if I want to make an appointment and I said I don’t think that should be necessary to make an apt. just to discuss these results. Can she just call me? She replied yes, and I asked what the copay was and she replied with irritated voice, “There is no copay with breath tests.” I just said, “Wow, I would have no way of knowing that. Please have Dr. Jacobs call me,” and I walked out. Fast forward a week or so and Dr. Jacobs returns my call, leaving a message. She is, of course, very sweet and breaks down my results and asks me to return her call or setup another appointment; whichever is easier for me. I try to setup the appointment online and I get an error signing in. I then call and after waiting on hold, am able to leave a message for Dr. Jacobs to call me back. I receive no call, and end up call Weill Cornell again. On the second call, the operator says that there was no notes in the system to call me back… so unsurprisingly; the staff hadn’t pushed my past messages through. From this call, Dr. Jacobs calls me back and administers the prescription to deal with my situation. Here is the timeline that followed: • Tues. (7/18) told there was a delay w/ my pharmacy for approval of medication. • Friday (7/21) I called the pharmacy to see what's up and they said they've been trying to get ahold of my doctor for approval and that I should call my insurance to see where it's at. • Called insurance and said I need to call doctor to put approval through. • Tried to login again to Weill Cornell to see the situation on my profile: error. • Called doctor, waited on hold for 20mins and they said they would leave a note to push this through, adding that I'm leaving town for two weeks the following Wednesday (7/26) • Get a call back from Weill Cornell tech. support explaining that Dr. Jacobs staff hasn’t add my social security to my profile so I cannot login until this is done. (Absolutely not surprised to hear this consider the competency I have been dealing with.) • By Tuesday (7/25), hear nothing. Call doctor and wait on hold for 20 minutes and they tell me that they pushed the approval through on Friday. • Call pharmacy, more holding, and they said that they finally got ahold of my doctor TODAY (7/25) not Friday, like the staff said, and they approval still has not been filed. My pharmacy cannot do anything and suggested I call my doctor again, because the approval has not been issued. So now, here I am writing this review, still with issues and no medicine. I fly out tomorrow morning for 2 weeks and the only suggestion I have is from my pharmacy to call my doctor, wait on hold for another 20 minutes and likely argue with them because they blatantly lied to me on the phone. Dr. Jacobs, I hope you see this. You truly are wonderful, but I just cannot deal with the staff at the front of your office. I’m shocked at how incompetent and improperly my entire experience has been.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Jacob is extremely difficult to reach on the phone. After prescribing the wrong medication (to her own admission), she continued to make the same mistake every time it was renewed. Furthermore, had I taken her medical advice I would be dependent on immunosuppressants. Instead I recommended alternatives (ie antidepressants and fecal transplant). To her credit she supported my suggestions--which have proved effective. I also found her bedside manner to be condescending and arrogant. I am currently looking for a new doctor for UC.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr.Jacob is second to none. Just wonderful! She is extremely smart,kind and very helpful with regard to questions.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Dr. Jacob is a great doctor. Spends time with you, will go over anything without hesitation. She makes follow up phone calls and is surrounded by a great staff as well.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

We recently went to Dr. Jacob. She is terrific. She tested me for everything possible and was quite diligent. And came up with the proper diagnosis. Although, she's very young, don't let that fool you. She's extremely intelligent and found errors that were made previously. She's patient, kind, easy to speak to, get's on the phone, and is also knowledgable about vitamins. Her staff is also quite polite and easy to work with. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Dr. Vinita E. Jacob's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 2001)