Ratings for Dr. Vinita E. Jacob

Dr. Jacob is extremely difficult to reach on the phone. After prescribing the wrong medication (to her own admission), she continued to make the same mistake every time it was renewed. Furthermore, had I taken her medical advice I would be dependent on immunosuppressants. Instead I recommended alternatives (ie antidepressants and fecal transplant). To her credit she supported my suggestions--which have proved effective. I also found her bedside manner to be condescending and arrogant. I am currently looking for a new doctor for UC.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr.Jacob is second to none. Just wonderful! She is extremely smart,kind and very helpful with regard to questions.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Dr. Jacob is a great doctor. Spends time with you, will go over anything without hesitation. She makes follow up phone calls and is surrounded by a great staff as well.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

We recently went to Dr. Jacob. She is terrific. She tested me for everything possible and was quite diligent. And came up with the proper diagnosis. Although, she's very young, don't let that fool you. She's extremely intelligent and found errors that were made previously. She's patient, kind, easy to speak to, get's on the phone, and is also knowledgable about vitamins. Her staff is also quite polite and easy to work with. I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Dr. Vinita E. Jacob's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 2001)