Ratings for Dr. Rache M. Simmons

Dr. Simmons was one of 2 breast surgeons recommended to me by the radiologist who performed my biopsy and gave me the bad news. I did a little bit of online research, and asked my family doctor, who told me she has heard of Dr. Simmons and her reputation is great. So I made the first available appointment, which ended up only being a week later. I met her PA (physician's assistant) first and she was very comforting, took my vitals, gave me details about what to expect for the rest of the appointment, etc. When I saw Dr. Simmons, she was very brief; she talked me through my diagnosis and what it really means, got straight to the point (yes, definitely surgery), and was very detailed about what will happen during the surgery. I did not find her particularly warm, but I found her especially efficient, confident, and knowledgeable. At the end of the day, I don't need a surgeon to hold my hand (really, her PA did a great job there). I need a surgeon who's going to get that cancer out of me. And all signs pointed to a competent surgeon. From my first appointment and at the follow up, I couldn't help but equate Dr. Simmons with Christina Yang on that tv series ER -- she was not exactly a people-person, but I would want her to save my life in a medical crisis.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

I brought my mammogram and ultrasound films to her to look at. I found that she cannot read radiology films. She should not be performing surgery if she cannot read these films.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

She is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Rache M. Simmons's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)