Ratings for Dr. Ronald P. DeMatteo

Amazing from start to finish ! Dr. DeMatteo not only has the perfect bedside manner he is a totally amazing surgeon. I had a liver resection surgery done laparoscopically and to say the least Dr DeMatteo is a wizard with a laparoscope and completes his work with perfect plastic surgery. It is almost 2 weeks since my surgery and i can barely see where he needed to cut. The recovery time was a few days. His staff and all associated with him are perfect professionals and very kind and knowledgeable. I feel extremely lucky i was able to receive treatment/surgery from Dr DeMatteo. In my opinion there is no better ! Highly recommended !!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I had GIST Sarcoma and Dr. Ronald DeMatteo and his staff were very professional and took excellent care of me. He is one of just a handful or less of GIST cancer specialist in the USA and you are in good hands. This doctor and his team got the job done for me and did it well. I was safe and had a great recovery. Dr. DeMatteo is a GIST Sarcoma expert and any patient would be lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

My husband has been in Dr. DeMatteo's care since having GIST liver metastasis surgery in 2006. Besides being a world renowned cancer surgeon for his knowledge and skill, he is amazingly kind and thoughtful. We could never say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Our experience was the total opposite of that of the previous poster. I would not trust this physician, or his medical facility, and strongly advise family members and friends to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

Excellent surgeon and great staff. Very professional, respectful and caring. Provides great follow-up care and communication. I had a very positive outcome and experience with this doctor. I highly recommend Dr. DeMatteo and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for treatment of GIST Sarcoma.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

In my opinion a very poor physician

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Ronald P. DeMatteo's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1990)