Ratings for Dr. Sophia Leung

Sophia Leung is extreme rude, been with her for a very long time so sort of used to her terrible manners and behaviours unfortunately. She will clearly show her annoyance with you in front of everyone by giving you angry stares and kissing her teeth in displeasure! She yelled at me in front of everyone in the waiting room for a non valid reason, very rude and mean. My heart rate always goes up after she yells at me and then she says "why is your heart rate so high! Beating fast!!" Um well obviously is someone is demeaning and yelling at you and putting you down in front of everyone you're going to get anxious and nervous!!! How is this mean behaviour allowed to go on for 20+ years without anymore complaining to the college??! No clue. I will however say she's knowledgable BUT good luck in getting her to explain anything to you, she will yell and say "don't ask me questions! Look on internet!" As if I'm inconvencing her? Does she not get paid to help patients get answers??? So mean :(

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Been seeing doctor sophia for 30 years she is amazing but the staff she has sucks and they need a course on time management!!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I have total confidence in Dr. Leung in looking after my family. She is knowledgeable, caring and thorough. Really appreciate all the care she has given us. Waiting time can be long, and seldom punctual, but I could hear while in her office other patients pleading to be seen the same day, I certainly have the need to want to be seen when I have an emergency in the family, thus I can understand the long waits due to overbooking at times. As for some people's complaints about Cantonese spoken in the office, give me a break, there are other patients that spoke no English, does that make them less a patient? This REALLY bothers them?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Even with appointment the wait time was over an hour.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have also been a long standing patient of Dr. Leung's. She is very knowledgeable in most cases. The exception seems to be mental health issues. Her empathy is certainly lacking in this area, as well as her expertise and finesse.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I agree with other posters that she is good at what she does however, her office management is in severe disrepair. Long waits despite appointment times > I waited for over 2 hours to see her despite my appointment time JUST for a prescription refill! It is very frustrating. I would like to go back and see her however, am not willing to wait that length of time to see her. My time is just as valuable as anyone elses. Staff is very abrupt and could use some lessons in manners. Lots of Cantonese spoken in the office - doesn't bother me though. I had her do an allergy test on me with all of the pricks and drops, she left me sitting in the room as she attended another patient in the other room. In this time, I blacked out and didn't come to until she came back. Who knows what caused this - she wasn't around to see/observe. Ended up getting another test done.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Staff isn't really helpful..it seems like we should beg for their service...Sofia is never punctual and she wants to rush through in order to catch her missing time...there is no concern for her patient...

Submitted June 24, 2011

she is always behind on waiting times but she is awesome worth the wait

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I read the comments below and had to provide my $0.02. I have been Dr. Leung's patient for more than 25 years. It is true, her bedside manner lacks, but do you want your doctor to be your best friend or excel at what they do? Dr. Leung is excellent at the clinical art of diagnosis and her follow-up is excellent. I receive prompt follow-up to any medical tests that have been ordered. Sure, I sometimes have a wait in her waiting room but I do get seen and all of my questions are answered. As for the comments about Chinese spoken in the office... so what? Has anyone had a look at the cultural mosaic of Mississauga recently? She speaks fluent English. Frankly, I could care less if her staff speak Cantonese, Mandarin, or Swahili for that matter. I have no hesitation in giving her top marks. My loyalty over 27 years is testament to my faith her knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I changed doctors about 7 years ago. She was the worst. I observed for many years how she used to spend alot more time with patients with her background. Once I got in there...I was out of her office in less them 5 minutes. I timed it once. Her secretary was rude and would ask me personal questions over the phone prior to an appointment. I blasted her once for this.Once they lost my results and didn't call me for a followup. I can only image if it had been more serious.....I wasn't impressed. It's no wonder my file got lost. Her desk used to be a mess with papers all over the place. That's why I changed doctors!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011