Ratings for Dr. Brad Kates

Office not well organized, Dr. Kates late and no one was advised until after we were seen by the assistant.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Completely satisfied with Dr Kates. Very professional and explains every detail. One of the best doctors I have been to. I would give him my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

This Dr. is fantastic. He explains when you ask, and I feel completely at peace with him. I have found his staff's dealings with me very good. Even with all the patients he and they have to deal with. I am glad to be his patient.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I've seen the front staff deal with alot and disagree with alot of the previous comments. There are only 2 of them that are dealing with an extremely high volume of patients. Looks to me like they do a pretty good job. Dr Kates is a great doctor but have you seen the pile of charts he has in his office.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Kates is wonderful but it's hard to believe he employs such miserable staff. Even if they tried they couldn't be more UNHELPFUL. Since when are office staff not required to answer calls or return them? I see a lot of doctors at my age but this is by far the most unpleasant office experience.

Submitted June 3, 2015

You have to wait for quite a while, but it is worth it. He takes time with each person.. He is very busy, He should have help with his hospital clinic hours. Great doctor.. I said OK for the staff, because it is hard to reach them by telephone, otherwise they are very polite. I recommend him highly. My eyes are worth the wait..

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Kates is a very experienced and knowledgeable doctor. My husband has been his patient for a long time. The only problem that we have faced is with his front desk staff who never respond promptly to the phone calls and appointment reschedule. Very recently we have relocated and need my husband's record transferred to the new doctor. My husband and this new doctor's office contacted Dr. Kates' office several times for this, but even after 3 months of continuous efforts, we did not get his record transferred yet.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Best doctor really listen what are you saying strongly recommend

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

The staff is rude and very bad about returning calls. That being said, the rating is about the doctor and he is one of the best! Punctuality depends on the number of emergencies he needs to attend to but normally it is reasonable. Going to an opthalmolagist is not like most doctors. Readings must be taken and then the pupils dialated. This take time. Suggest you take a good (large-print) book with you. By the time your eyes can't focus, it's nearly time to see the doctor. Once you are in, the examination is thorough and he demonstrates great knowledge and concern for his patients. He doesn't hesitate to bring you back in if you are trying a new prescription and aren't comfortable with it. I've been working for a few months on a custom view pair of glasses for me and he's been great about it. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr Kates office is RUDE - they never answer their phones, they do not follow up and their concern is NOT for their patients! I would NOT recommend this doctor as he has a very disorganized practice that cares very little for his patients! Stay away!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012