Ratings for Dr. Michael D. John

I have seen Dr. John for years for different dermatological issues or concerns. He seems to be an intelligent, caring, efficient, and experienced doctor. He knows what is wrong and how to take care of it immediately. He generally does not spend an inordinate amount of time with me because he does not NEED to-but, when he needed to, he spent extra time. He has gone above and beyond when the situation warranted. I have recommended him to family and friends without reservation. I have never waited long to get in to see him. But if I had to wait in the future, I would know it is likely because he had an unexpected urgent client with an important problem he diagnosed and needed to treat. I like his matter-of-fact manner! I do not want hand holding-I want good effective treatment/medicine. I do think that his staff/telephone could be trained a bit better - so that they are knowledgeable about what he does treat and does not.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Took my daughter to him for acne. On second appointment I questioned him on the irritation the medicine caused on her back that was so bad she couldn't sleep. He got mad and wrote another prescription. Threw it on the ground in front of me and left the room. Have lived in Edmond 35 years. At one time he was the only dermatologist in town. Now there are other options. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I have read all the reviews and I too think sometimes he is a bit short but that is simply because I have no questions. He will stay and answer all you questions if you are prepared. I have no idea why you want to sit around a doctors office any longer than you need to anyway. I appreciate the "let's get it done" approach. And the person that said they waited for hours and then 30-45 mins. in the room. Crazy! I have never waited for more than 5-10 mins either the waiting room or a room. He has truly helped me and I am very thankful!! I think he is to the point and I like that...I would recommend him in a heart beat!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I did take my son to doctor john. When we went there after waiting for long time they nurse took us to the room the another 30 to 45 min took the doctor to come. I showed him the wart on my son's hand he look at them and try freeze them with dry ice. It took him not even a minute . He bairly touched the wart . Then he left the office. That is it I had to pay for service that he did not do it right. This doctor only thinks about money. He does not care about patient care. I think if a doctor does not care about his patient well being and only thinks about the money , no one should go to him. There are other doctors that care they even go to other countries such as Africa and help people. I don't know if even you could call him DOCTOR. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE CALLED DOCTOR. It should not be all about money . He needs to care about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr spends little to no time with you. He comes across as very rude. There are many other dermatologists in Edmond/okc. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. John for many years. I have always appreciated him in helping me. Yes, he does not spend much time with you, but if you do have questions, he will answer honestly. Maybe you are the one with the problem. Come on folks - give Dr. John a break. I am very glad he is my Dr.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

I like this doctor. True, he darts in and out and even has "hallway" appointments! But he is the best I ever experienced when it comes to using liquid nitrogen to remove brown spots even on the face. I've gone to him for years and have never had the slightest scaring. Sure beats a chemical peel. Down side is it takes months to get an appointment because he is the most popular dermatologist in town. And I don't mind his ten commandments posted if it keeps him honest!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

This guy is arrogant and spends little time with you as a patient. I agree with the person above- I have no idea how he manages to get 80 return patients in a given day. Treated me like I was a moron (I'm a nurse) and his wife called me 3 times in a 2 hour time span to deliver negative biopsy results on a Friday afternoon with the ominous message to call the office back. Imagine my horror when I got home and the office was closed. I spent all weekend horrified that I had cancer of some sort. Highly unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Looked at me less than 60 seconds and darted out the door. I'll never darken his door again. It's hard for me to understand how he manages to get 60-80 patients a day to come in.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

A. This doctor had me plan an appointment for months in advance for a "big procedure," then his office had me come in an hour early. And smug Dr. John decides he doesn't FEEL like doing the procedure. You have no idea how many things I shuffled around for this fool. 2. He is one those types that posts the ten commandments in the waiting room so he can fight the ficticious fight of the far right-wingers. How brave to ostracize those of other faiths. In other words - short of intellect, big of arrogance.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2007

Dr. Michael D. John's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Edmond, OK