Ratings for Dr. Roy Montgomery

Waiting for any Doctor is a way of life on PEI, but it is his way of making sure every patient is treated with proper care.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

This poor soul is the worse Dr. there is for making people wait for hours. It isn't hard to tell who is on in emerg when you look in....you know it is him when the place is backed upright to the door and almost everyone there is from Tyne valley and area or Summerside. It remains a mystery to me why he joined the staff at CHO because he has been no help to them, in fact, a hiderance since he only wants to work the emerg dept at Western hospital. It is also not fair how his patients find out when he is on call and all end up in emergency for perscription refills when that is not the purpose of that place. There are sick people there who are not there to socialize like happpens with the people from Tyne Valley visiting "Roy". He really needs to get along with his work and think about the people in the waiting room, not the $$$$.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Very nice doctor, but far too busy. I have never once been able to get in to see him for any emergency situation. I am on a list for a new doctor, because what is the sense of having a family doctor that you can never go and see. I only go see a doctor if things are really bad, and to have to wait 3 months to see your doctor for an emergency situation is a bit much!! Love the doctor, wish I could stay being his patient, but with two young children, I need a doctor who will be there when I call within 72 hours at the most...

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr. Montgomery was my family doctor for 23 years until he feld to O`Leary. His wait times were always a bit much but he was always willing to help. I am more than happy with my new family doctor Joyce Madigane,being the only doctor in Tyne Valley she is doing a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

very fine doctor! considering how many people on the island is without a doctor i feel very lucky to have him as my Doctor...

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr Montgomery is always compassionate, thourough, and practices excellent medicine. He takes time to listen, and gives needed advice.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

A clinic dr sent me to Emerg to have a cortisone shot.I went and waited and waited and waited.......Dr Montgomery was out by nursing stn talking and socializing awhile, quite awhile.There were3 pts waiting care. He came in, was flippant, gave me a shot and said it would bring immediate relief. I drove home in agony and I never had zero relief from that supposive cortisone shot. I thought he was a bit of a smart ---

flag | Submitted January 10, 2009

WOW...what a great doctor/human being. This poor man. I have put him to the test. Before I realized I was having anxiety/panic attacks...I wound up in the emergency room late evening and he was on call. Boy did he have his hands full with me. I thought I was going to die. I bawled over leaving my kids behind, I freaked out waiting to get a severe pain that would be my final sensation before death. I insisted that this was the end. He sat by my bedside for 2 hours until he had me calmed down enough to explain to me that I had just experienced me very first anxiety/panic attack. He has been helping me through it ever since and that was over a year ago. I have A LOT of respect for this man. He is truley amazing and I for one am grateful that he decided to spend his time and his life helping people like myself. WONDERFUL MAN. *campbell

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

Had him for years. Appointment times mean nothing but he is a good doctor. Just wish he would realize that when your not feeling well or taking time off from work waiting to get in to see him, 1+ hour past your scheduled appointment a bit much. Not always something he can control but there are times where it is.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2007

Wait time is outrageuos however when in office you do not feel rushed. Will take you seriously and validated your concerns.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007